Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sxereturn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I got bored yesterday, and decided I was going to go for a look around now it's getting warmer. It was strange, I thought I wouldn't find much in this area, but I found quite a bit of stuff. Lace Monitors, Carpet Pythons, Brown Snakes, Yellow Faced Whip Snakes, Beardies, Water Dragons...along with turtles (check the photos), 'roos, roughly 7 thousand small skinks (figured there'd be more Whippies around because of this, but didn't seem that way), heaps of birds, fish and eels. We had a few storms and stuff the last couple of weeks, and the local lake overflowed. There were lots of dried up, or drying up bodies of water with animals in them...spent a lot of the day transporting what I could back into the main area.

thats awsome sxe!
can't wait to go herping!
when is shermy organiseing that herping trip?

Bry I think Sherm would have a hard time find his Beardies in their enclosure, let alone finding any animals in the bush.

And some more...

What species is that? I found SFA this year. I stumbled across one large, but very dehydrated Terrestrial Garter Snake, that's it. Brutal heat and drought made everything kinda scarce in this area. Not that there's alot interms of herps. Love to see some other pics.

The species is what I used to call the brisbane short necked tortoise, I'll post the scientific name later tonight. the white stripe under the chin is a give away. Very common, loves areas where people feed ducks, will eat bread and I assume ducklings. There are some massive animals in the Brisbane botanical gardens.

Sounds like it was an alright trip then....shame about the turtle!

Got any pics of the snakes and monitors sxe, would love to see them.

I'm heading off to do a bit of herping myself for 8 days up through Mt Isa. I hope to see quite a bit although depends on the water shortage as to what I will find.

sxereturn said:
Bry I think Sherm would have a hard time find his Beardies in their enclosure, let alone finding any animals in the bush.

I dont see any smilies? can anyone else??

I didnt find that funny, and i take offence to it.

hey jonno u get any pics of snakes?? im coming up to the gold coast in 4 weeks and would love to go herping hopefully when i get up there and maybe see a few wild herps.

Yep, it's a Brissy Short Neck. Bright yellow circle around their eyes. There's also some very big ones at Sherwood Forest Park.

Latin name is Emydura Signata. They like to piss on you, too.

Bry I think Sherm would have a hard time find his Beardies in their enclosure, let alone finding any animals in the bush

Geez man :shock: where did that come from???

Its ok Sdaji, i probably spent more time bush during my basic training than he ever has!!! LOL :D :D :D :D :D <----- look, smilies!!!

Poor army boy took offence. How cute.

I had some of the carpet, but they saved as .DAT's. Didn't realise until I deleted them from my memory card. She was pretty beat up, lots of scars, missing about an inch of tail. She was gravid, though. Good sign.

The rest of the stuff was either quick to escape, or I was handling it. Sucks going herping alone, never have enough hands to control and animal to get photos. I have some of the Lacies tree though...

You could spend 15 years in the bush and still not know how to find reptiles.

No apology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back