First real problem.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeplant57

Reaction score
Hi guys we have had Gut Bucket (Olive Python) for a month now, the last three Saturdays he has had day old chicks I took the advice on this forum and Today offered him a Weaner but no way would he take it. Some of you might say rub a chick on the Weaner but I can't get hold of a chick. The question being do I wait another week then try again.. He is fine in himself doing things he has done for the last three weeks or so with no worries.. Cheers for now Joe

you could try raw chicken from the supermarket for scenting,......

pmsl! You dont need a whole chook!!! just a couple of strips the stir fry mix!!

or a chicken neck... either way you dont need much!

*joe blushes now after arriving home with an extra large roast chicken* lol :lol:

with getting snakes of birds i get the blood out of the bottom of a packed that has had chicken in it and dip the rats head in it so there is chicken blood all over the rats head that works 90 % of the time

Hey guys just found a Turkey thawing out in the fridge, might just rub down the Weaner Rat with it before Wife slaps in in the oven lol.. Merry Christmas one and all, From the Plant Family.

Well guys I rubbed and rubbed a Chook all over a Rat but no avail Gut Bucket refuses to eat the rat. Anymore suggestions?. Do I feed him a chick or persist with the rat. It's been ten days since he ate all the signs are good that he is in good health. The temps are 35c at the hot end and 27c at the cool. cheers my friends Joe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back