first time enclosure build...help maybe needed lol

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad26

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey i was just wondering if someone can give me some heads up on a enclosure that i would like to build for my black headed python.
im going to build it out of marine ply and the measurements im going with are dimension: 1700cm 740cm width 710cm hight, now this is for a bhp is this plenty of space for 1 to rome ??? first build so i might need some advice from you guys lol thx

Brad26

Most standard panel sizes that will fit in a trailer are 2400 x 1200mm. Take this into account when designing the enclosure so you don't have to buy too many panels, if you could just make some dimensions a bit smaller.

Find out what your local supplier has,
if you can transport it home,
and if you can cut it up. Or you might have to get them to cut the pieces for you.

hey mate yeah i went to bunnings and they have the 2400 x 1200mm sheet in marine ply which is what i was looking at, now im not the best for maths nor am i good with measurments lol, im not stupid but i dont normaly do this kind of stuff. the off cuts are sitting by as i will have use for them. what do you mean make them smaller. do you think what i have maybe to big?

What he's saying is if you drop your sizes a bit you reduce your off cuts.

What he's saying is if you drop your sizes a bit you reduce your off cuts.

Exactly.

Go to a news agent or stationary shop, buy some grid paper (I use 5mm grid) and measure up the size of the panel. A rectangle 240mm x 120mm = the sheet of 2400mm x 1200mm. Then draw the top, bottom, left and right sides on the rectangle and see what fits. The back is generally made out of a thinner sheet to reduce weight.

Also take into account door widths, weight and size of the unit once built. You still have to get it inside. I make a habit now of putting castors on my enclosures so they're easier to move around inside too.

hey and yes that would be a great start ha. i will do this today however if going for a thinner piece il be buying two different size 2400x 1200 i will buy casters aslo as yes it will aid in moving
il see how i go and il get back to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back