First Tree Snake relocation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Some folks have been doing snake catching/relocating for a while and have years of experience on me, but Im sure they all remember their first Colubrid. I know Im going to remember mine :)

This little guy had made himself comfortable in a hollow stair support beam and apparently had been seen coming and going for a while and while I was inclined to leave him be, the house owners had young-uns and I understand their reason for asking the snake to move on. Needless to say, this guy was quite comfortable and there was a bit of a wait while he decided if he should stick himself far enough out of his hidey hole to be grabbed and then it became a battle of wits because he knew of other hidey holes and had obviously had a can of red bull before my arrival.

Unfortunately the pics do not do him justice but he did further cement my love of colubrids even though he wouldnt pose with a throat shot . Heres hoping I see him around my garden in the future ;)

Attachments

• DSC_2557.JPG
    DSC_2557.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_2559.JPG
    DSC_2559.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC_2562.JPG
    DSC_2562.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_2563.JPG
    DSC_2563.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 106
as in this situation i am amazed the ammount of people who want a tree snake removed "cause they have young children" and want the tree snake sent back to the pits of hades from whence it came.

as in this situation i am amazed the ammount of people who want a tree snake removed "cause they have young children" and want the tree snake sent back to the pits of hades from whence it came.

Thanks Guys, needless to say, like with all my relocations, the adrenaline was pumping.

And $nake Pimp, I wholeheartedy agree. I spent 10 minutes trying to convince the family that the snake was quite comfy and wasn't going to ever be a problem, but like all folks who are just close minded and believe nature comes in the form of Discovery Channel or a Zoo, they chose to move it on. But like I mentioned, heres hoping he makes himself comfy in his new home and I see him around more often :)

Agreed and the Queensland DMP states "This permit does not authorise the indiscriminate taking of reptiles but only those reptiles requested to be removed by the occupier of the premises when human safety is compromised not merely when the person is inconvenienced by the prescence of the snake on the property" (My bolding)

Agreed and the Queensland DMP states "This permit does not authorise the indiscriminate taking of reptiles but only those reptiles requested to be removed by the occupier of the premises when human safety is compromised not merely when the person is inconvenienced by the prescence of the snake on the property" (My bolding)

How do you do bolding ? Ahah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back