Food Alternatives

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found another problem with feeding them chickens.....big runny poos. With rats, the mess is not nearly as bad.

chickens.

lol greebs..
thats it . any thing that passes through the system that quick dosent tend to have much body about it..lol.

cats a myth...no...have done it many years ago and still know a few that do.
however it was brought to our attension that there was a strong possibilty that cats could pass a infection on to the snake..
i cant remember thename but ladys of the group will know about this infection.. somthing to do with being pregnant and i think that only women are suseptable to this ?

wattso..i wouldnt worrie to much about the feather problems as birds in the wild make a good percentage of most species diets especally for waters/olives that take alot of water birds. we feed rabbits when avalible but they are all short haired in this climate..we also feed lots of guinea pigs both long and short hair. and have been asked about hair compaction problems in the bowl of our pythons. i cant tell you if this happens all i can say is that it has never happened to us or have i heard of it first hand.

cheers paul.

Thanks Paul, do you know of anyone who sells guinnypigs and or birds? prefrably frozen,
how often do you rotate the diet? i thought advice about feather digestion was a bit off, afterall as u say they eat them in the wild, bats too! :wink:

I hear they cause severe indigestion, as does bunyip claws! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back