Food Downsize??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodentrancher

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi can anyone throw any light on this subject, or has anyone had it happen with their pythons? Our male MD Boof, 3yrs old is quite happy munching away on a large rat once a week or so, but our other MD "Emdee" who was eating a large rat has decided she doesn't want to eat large rats at all. Lordy I've wasted a few I can tell you! Just for a bit of a test last week I defrosted a bag of 10 Velvet Rats, and she scoffed the lot of them one after the other. How bizarre!? Why would she have stopped wanting the larger sized rats that she has been eating since coming out of hibernation last year? Boof has now outstripped her in size, but they are both the same age. She still seems to be digesting everything ok, but hasn't had a shed for about 2mths. Any ideas gratefully received. Cheers Cheryl

i think it mite be that her last big rat feed was just that little bit to big for her,she mite not have liked the effort involved in eating somthing that size.... it happened to me a while back with a spotted python , i got her up to adult mouse size and she had two feeds of them with a bit of a stuggle then after that she would only take wearners....

;):)
i think it mite be that her last big rat feed was just that little bit to big for her,she mite not have liked the effort involved in eating somthing that size.... it happened to me a while back with a spotted python , i got her up to adult mouse size and she had two feeds of them with a bit of a stuggle then after that she would only take wearners....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back