force feeding pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
as said most is done by hand only, its only the very last bit that the probe is used on, and if a large probe is used and its done carefully, it wont rupture the food at all, infact they are a lot blunter than a pair of tongs are.

the feeding tongs i use are round tipped just like a large prob is , i dont want to mess around to much with how i doit but i will put some thought into that idea , have you got any pics ..i can see how a probe would be good on small snakes and hatchies my tongs would be to big todo on hatchies..
ps .. is it a bit risky feeding venomus snakes with your hands,, not something i would recomend anyone going for the first time...hehe..any pics ?

I know its sort of off the topic a bit but could everyone share ideas of how to get non feeding snakes feeding, like gosford I've tried everything I've heard of, starving, live, scenting. It has worked on a few of my juvi's but most are still stubborn, they're all sooks. I'd be happy if all mine assist fed first go but most still don't even do that.

no, no pics. its pretty easy really, just have to be carefull with elapids especiallly adders.

gosforddreaming, i dont mean any offence at all, but using tongs to force feed seems a bit savage to me. Ive f/f pythons, colurbrids and elapids over the years and only use my hands and a large sexing probe at the end to push the prey item to the back of the mouth.
No risk involved like there is with a pair of tongs down its throat.

A cotton bud dipped in water works well too.

no worries, you stand absolutely no chance of piercing the food item with a cotton bud. You can also get long handled versions (like DNA swabs) that, i assume would be perfect for vens if you needed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back