Four words...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ACDC THE ROCK DEMONS :twisted:

Saw him last night Fuscus... really good stuff! He's looking fantastic for however old he is too. He did plenty of old material, which was great, Life on Mars, Ziggy Stardust, Fame... but still so much more old stuff I wanted to hear...

It was a really strange experience being in such a varied audience. Grandmas and groupies side by side...

Oh, and celebrity spotting: Russel Crowe and wifey in the audience just in front of us, quaffing a cooler of free beers. Mark and I were all like, "how come those people get to sit next to the desk, and get free beers", then we looked closer - damned movie stars, but at least we know that Russell Crowe's band's a ...... ! :)

A PERFECT CIRCLE ROCK!!!

im not really a bowie fan, plus i rkn apc put on a better show

any1 else go ?

cheers, jono

I saw David Bowie in concert when he came for the glass spider tour and hate to say he was a dud. Hardly seemed to make an effort, I felt like grabbing him and saying '' listen here buddy, I paid good money for these tickets now sing like a canary old man'' Sounds like he must have got his act togethor since then.

Didn't see glass spider, but I reckon it sounds like last night was better than that, he was very aware people wanted to hear the old stuff...

Fuscus, I agree, not a fan of the entertainment centre, but we don't get much choice there. I figured I'd better get tickets this tour or there may not be another one... he is getting on a bit. :)

I saw Bowie a few years back when he was touring with Nine Inch Nails. I love both artists and am very sad to say that it was one of the worste shows I have ever seen. Nails sucked and Bowie really sucked. He played for an hour with no encores. I was miserable watching on of my musical heroes (pardon the pun) die on stage. The oldest song he did was a cool version of Man Who Sold The World, and Joe The Lion. It makes me really wish I saw him in the 70's when I watch Ziggy Stardust: The Motion Picture. His stuff in the 70's was when he was truely brillant. I kind of think that Outside and Earthling are the only good albums he's done since Scary Monsters. I've seen enough live stuff from NIN to know that I just saw a bad show. They rock live.

I'm going to see Meatloaf in Newcastle as all the good Sydney seats were sold. I know he aint David Bowie but I can't wait!!

Bowie did a few songs with NIN. Some of them were alright. He did Hurt (sucked), Reptile (best song of the night) and Scary Monsters were Trent almost nailed (again pardon the pun) Bowie with a sampler. It just made me think of Bono and Frank Sinatra (YIKES). We almost went to see Bowie this tour. My wife really loves him and wanted to go. When I heard he was doing Ziggy again I wish we did. I've got this cool set of Bowie live from the BBC from the 70's it's really great. He does lots of Lou Reed stuff too.

kevyn said:
They were so primal.
Nah, try running through the bush naked banging two sticks togethor and screaming ''oogabooga'', that's primal.

Yeah you're right, it might be best done in a warmer climate than Canada. :lol:

any1 who hasnt seen tool should, theres nothing like it believe me

cheers, jono

FOUR WORDS

Did,nt Bowie do strange things with blokes once a pon a time .

Saw Bowie last night - Fantastic. Cover of Lou Reeds "White Light, White Heat" was a bit lame and puzzling, considering the huge number of great songs he wrote. Didn't play anything from Aladdin Sane either :( Highlights were Rebel Rebel, Life on Mars, I'm scared of Americans and heros. The encore was three songs from Ziggy Stardust. And lots of self-depreciating humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back