Free forum?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great idea! People will be soo happy

Yeah its not bad

I have no strong feeling as yes or no

Brink of the ridiculous! lawl

I hate it! Terrible idea! *Booo* *Booo!*

So my question is ...will you have to be a subscriber to post your free give aways?

or can a general member do it as well?

And how the heck did a question being asked about a free give away turn into a crud debate ?

YOU LOT SAY I AM DEBATABLE ....at least most of my debates were over better issues then this ;)

well Gordo I wanna see pics of you now doing the run with your T shirt pulled over your head and waving your arms in the air singing "SIMPLY THE BEST ":)

free giveaways what a great idea
having just picked up a beautiful little beardie from theoJ05 -- a nice phone call and a quick trip to the GONG was all it took
BUT i was looking to purchase when he put the free add in the trader forum , and it was somthing i was prepared to pay for [ i just didnt want to pay much]
i was not sitting waiting in the free forum for anything i could flog at a later date
I think the way it is - serendipitty - is OK8)

I don't see why people are against this?
It's an excellent idea that will help "FREE" threads be in once place rather than all over the shop.

It works on the same principals as the "for sale" threads would, first in best dressed....if your going to act like a child because you missed out than that's nothing but bad luck!

Good idea waruikazi

Last edited:
lol it wouldnt be aps unless someone's good intentions turned into a fight.. i mean, discussion :p
but a free forum sounds good, because as they say, the best things in life are free!

oops
just thought i was giving my opinion
NO boxing gloves needed

I think it's a great idea.. as waruikazi said, if someone else gets it before you.. tough luck! It's not like you were entitled to it anyway. I personally had to leave alot of stuff outside for big garbage day as my shed was getting full. Included was a half-built enclosure (1400 x 700 x 800), just needed glass. Was building it for about 4 months and then decided against it. I guess it's stuff like that that would be better going to rep keepers than just being thrown out. I don't see any basis or solid arguments for opposing this idea :|

Hope it's up and running soon!

I cant see much being given away for free in this day and age.
Members taking free stuff here and advertising them for sale the same day on another site.
Members fighting over who got in 1st.
And worst of all members advertising something for free then renigging because such and such offered $$.
And finally, above but it turns into an auction lol

BUT I still reckon those issues above are only the minority, SO GO FOR IT!

You post this thread in APS Discussion, yet you don't really want any discussion.
If there was no discussion in this thread, it would be 2 pages of people saying 'Yeah that's a great idea'.
I am discussing something i think could do with some discussion, even if you don't see it from my side of the hill.

Ok maybe we dont see eye to eye on this, but I, for one, do care who my stuff goes too. I will have a spare two foot tank available ill give to someone on this forum in a few months, and i will not give it to the first person that asks for it, i will give it to the person i deem needs/appreciates it more. Im pretty sure there was a free snake thread that panned out exactly this same way a while back.

How would you judge who needs/appreciates it more???
Anyone can give you a sob story.

yeeah that's what i was thinking

We let people advertise stuff that is for free now without being a subscriber etc, so why wouldn't we then? The only thing that will change is that it will have a specific forum.

hehe I cannot imagine it being an overly big forum.

Or the receiver would cover all postage costs....

Not if I was giving it away for free, they can come and pick it up from wherever.
It is a bigger hassle taking time off work to take it to the post office.

Like in any classified advertisements the conditions of sale/giveaway will be upto the individual giving whatever away and to a lesser extent the person receiving the goods. If you are happy to deliver something you are giving away then i think that shows you have a very altruistic attitude and more power to you, if you put an add up saying that you're taking everything to the dump and folks have 24 hours to come and take whatever they want then i think that is great also.

I agree that we should have a go on it.
Regarding condition who gets it, I think that who ewer is giving stuff a way can have his conditions in the ad. It is up to him how he wishes to distribute free merchandise.

ummm y r people argueing over this?? its not really a debatable nor heated topic is it??

We let people advertise stuff that is for free now without being a subscriber etc, so why wouldn't we then? The only thing that will change is that it will have a specific forum.

hehe I cannot imagine it being an overly big forum.
ohh im sorry :oops: i didn't know that

all i can say is get it done , as ill have some free stuff to give away soon ............................

How people can bicker about a mere suggestion to improve is so APS. :D

The giver-awayer (GA) advertises the item and someone wants it, contacts the GA and sorts it out privately. They can organise the disposal of the item.

I have some stuff that might interest people? I have a gravid axanthic BHP to giveaway, but the receiver needs to be between 5'10" and 5'11", live in Qld (16 forms of ID needed to prove it) and also be a member of the Birrong Ladies Bowling Club.
PM me if you are interested.

It is done. Let's see how it goes and take it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back