Free forum?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go help the homeless then, i think their the most in need lol. Im shure theyd kill for a heat mat lol.

its a very good idea , besides if your giving it away then why would u care who it go`s to ?
i know i wouldnt be , id be glad that what id call junk [ but others would call good] was gone .

Yes, i know everything will be legal, but being legal will not keep everyone happy.

I have seen this work on a computer-related forum i used to be a member of, and it seemed the same people would ALWAYS get the freebies, because they would sit at home all day with no jobs, and as soon as the threads would be started, they would reply with "TAKEN, THANKS"
It was ok the first few times, but when they would take EVERYTHING, it wore very thin, especially since people were begging for what they had just taken for free because they could use it better.
I am all for it, i am just giving my opinion of the matter, and how i think things will turn out.

On another note, i was offered a free bearded dragon and tank about a year ago now, and had to refuse for 1, i didnt have the room at the time to house a six foot tank, and i didnt even really want a beardy then. He said if i didnt want it then he would give it to his mates younger sister, which i told him to do that because she actually wanted it, it was just easier for me to take it because i lived around the corner from him.
Since then i have been given a free six foot fish tank that i now have room for, and was given a very aggressive and snappy juvi darwin python because they previous owner didnt like getting bitten and was going to let it go!!

Oh and that probably wont be a problem on our forum because in the forsale threads the only people who can post is the author, so the people receiving the goods don't have to be identified.

i think its a great idea! but will you have to become a member to give stuff away?

yeah waruikazi that is true.
I am all for the idea, i do not need anything at the moment, and would be happy to give things away for free if i had no use for it.

I am seeing it from the other side of the hill, thats all.

yeah waruikazi that is true.
I am all for the idea, i do not need anything at the moment, and would be happy to give things away for free if i had no use for it.

I am seeing it from the other side of the hill, thats all.

I know but i'm still gonna rebut your comments no matter what side of the hill they are from if i don't think they are valid arguments. It wouldn't be a discussion otherwise.

Look brownhair, how could i rebut an argument without reading it? I want you to really think about that.

And on that note i can see the way the contributors to this thread are heading so i'm out!

Please judge this idea on it's merits not on how much noise the haters are making.

okey doke, but try this waruikazi- Would you be happy giving, say.. a tank you had spare to someone who took it because the opportunity was there and they decided that having a tank spare out the back of their house was a good idea?
Or would you rather give the tank to a child/teenager whose parents tell them if they find a cheap or free tank they will buy them a reptile of some sort to put in it?

I know its extreme circumstances, but this is where I am coming from. I would much rather give my stuff away to someone knowing its going to be used and appreciated, rather than just taken because it did not cost anything.

Maybe the members on this forum are too kind-hearted for this to ever happen though? I guess time will tell.

edit: haha I am a hater now for offering my point of view, Fair enough.

I didn't read anything but your first line so that's all i will respond to.
Straight from the cats mouth, So waruikazi i want you to really think about that.
Im not trying to "yell the loudest", yout idea is a good idea. But if i dont think your views are vaild im going to rebutle them...

okey doke, but try this waruikazi- Would you be happy giving, say.. a tank you had spare to someone who took it because the opportunity was there and they decided that having a tank spare out the back of their house was a good idea?
Or would you rather give the tank to a child/teenager whose parents tell them if they find a cheap or free tank they will buy them a reptile of some sort to put in it?

I know its extreme circumstances, but this is where I am coming from. I would much rather give my stuff away to someone knowing its going to be used and appreciated, rather than just taken because it did not cost anything.

Maybe the members on this forum are too kind-hearted for this to ever happen though? I guess time will tell.

If i was giving it away i wouldn't care. I would be giving stuff away that was going to the tip if it wasn't taken by someone. If you want your ex-loved products to go to specific people then by all means give it to them. If we get this forum up and you have something to give away and you want it to go to a child with cancer (extreme i know) then perhaps you could put in the thread or even the title 'Free to Children With Cancer.'

Do it but make it that you have to PM the person.
I recently have put ads up for a Grass Parrot FTGH, and had 6 emails in 6 seconds almost. And yes, alot of people just said "Ill have it, bring it to me" Ive filtered through and found the person i consider to be most deserving.

I'm all for the destruction of our native rainforests, :rolleyes: :shock:. Sorry i was side tracked by the amount of garbaged posted on this thread.

I agree with waruikazi

I'm all for the destruction of our native rainforests, :rolleyes: :shock:. Sorry i was side tracked by the amount of garbaged posted on this thread.

I agree with waruikazi

Hooray for Hodges! You can give away some of those elapids.

Do it but make it that you have to PM the person.
I recently have put ads up for a Grass Parrot FTGH, and had 6 emails in 6 seconds almost. And yes, alot of people just said "Ill have it, bring it to me" Ive filtered through and found the person i consider to be most deserving.

i think its a good idea. and i think like midnightserval suggested get them to pm you would help work because no one needs to know how you choose the person, but then you you might get flooded with Pms and everyone will soon learn to write a nice pm.. guess everything has its ups and downs :lol::lol:

Sounds like a good idea - I will discuss it with Slateman and we'll see what we come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back