Freight help?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caleb96

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm sending a hatchling woma out on the plane this week sometime and was wondering what other things i can use to put it in instead of a pillow case which then will go into a little tub that is padded with shredded news paper just the tub i ave got to put the hatchling in is to small for a pillow case to fit in.

Cheers Caleb.

ive got a few hatchlings in pillow cases never had any problem and one was a woma hatchy , id say it will be fine just turn the pillow case inside out and get a bigger tub ;)

Size and weight is what makes up the cost. I've posted a pic of what i freight hatchlings around the country in. Former AaE was strict up here. A large pillow case is to big and cumbersome i made smaller version of it. It was tied and goose necked with a rubber band. This was then placed into a 2lt sistema 'klip it' with shredded paper bedding with air hole in the lid. I then made a ply box around it with screwed lid. 3 stages of escape done.
1. Pillow case tied and banded
2. Plastic click-clack
3. Wooden box outer - screwed shut.

Many ways to do it but my animals arrive safe and sound even if AP staff are rough with the box.
Hope this gives an idea.

box demensions: L x 280 / W x 205 / H x 100. Total weight with 1 to 2 hatchies 1.35kg

Attachments

• Darwin freight.jpg
    Darwin freight.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Nice idea yommy :) i just decided to cut a pillow case in half i found a 2lt sistama tub just before so i'm using that to put the snake in and then i'm using shredded paper as bedding then i'm going to put the 2lt tub into a 5lt tub and put compacted shredded paper around the the 2lt tub to hold it in place :)

Caleb.

Make sure there is lots of padding.
While receiving my hatchling from AaE the attendant couldn't find the invoice. To my horror he roughly turned the box every which way trying to find it. The poor snake was turned like a washing machine.
If this is what they do in front of customers imagine what they do out the back!

Socks work fine. Put the snake in one then use the other as packing. That way they'll have a pair to use at the other end!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back