fresh water crayfish for frilled dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kr0nick

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just reading keeping and breeding Australian lizards for the 1000th time, And is says that Frilled dragons can eat farmed fresh water crays.
Has anyone fed their dragons yabbies? Because A friend of mine breeds them for personal consumption.
Cheers

It's certainly not a normal part of their diet. Of the million wild frillies I've seen not one was in the water!

Yeh I figured that, If I decide to feed them then I will make it A one and A million shot.

All mine love yabbies and baby marron.

Hey thanks Niall. That lessens my worries, How are they with digesting? And how often do you feed yabbies?

My frillys been eating yabbies for the last three years. I get yabbies for my mertens and always give the frilly one or two, no ill effects just the occasional nip from the yabbies. I wouldnt feed just yabbies though

You must have seen yabbies moving cross country from water holes to dams etc SteveNt?

Haven't noticed any digesting problems with them.
I normally give them a yabbie or marron every week or two, I also feed them Pinkie rats, roaches, locus (when in season) and other stick insets I come across whiles walking around the block.

I feed mine them and the occasional fish and chicken necks.

Cheers Brenton

Try feeding them prawns as well they really love them and no ill effects in fact ive heard if you feed them cooked prawn heads it can darken there frills to cherry red colour

Lol I might give the cooked A miss wrightpython, Thanks to everyone else for the helpful advice :).
At least their treats won't cost me anything.

I feed my Dragons redclaw crays , as Crays walk out of water from Dam to Dam I am sure Dragons would eat them in the wild.

I occasionally fed them to ewd's, they ate them but werent overly fond of them.

That would be great scleropages, My EWD are only A few months old so to young to eat anything other the woodies lol, But when there bigger I will have to try yabbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back