Frill neck care over winter

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cleobhp

Reaction score
I put my frillies outside a couple of weeks ago, now its starting to get cold at night, The question I have is will I need to build some brumating boxes for them or will they just stay in the branches, we have hides scattered through the enclosure, but they are on the ground.
If anyone can help me it will be much appreciated.

little more specifics.... you say your in brisbane, it is depended on how cold is cold there??
I live in Kalgoorlie WA, and in winter it gets to 20 during day and 4-5 at night and They do not do well in the cold weather at all... my advice though would be to give them an active warm spot at all times of year.... doesnt have to be summer hot, just warm enough (25 during day, and no colder than 15, better at 17-18 at night)

Hope this helps

They are very fussy when it comes to changes in there environment, so keep a good eye on them outside, and they should come around to it and do really well.. if a month goes by and they are not doing to well, they should go back inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back