Frill Necks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilK

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have that new herp itch and am currently chasing down some black head monitors and an enclosure, but I am also keeping my eyes open to everything else and have taken a fair bit of notice of the frillies!

They are awesome animals and one day down the track I would love to own a pair... I have conducted a search on this site but gotten mostly For Sale ads and picture threads.. I am just wondering what care they need?

Enclosure dimensions, UV requirements, heat spot temps, cage dimensions?

Cheers guys!

Frilled neck lizards love to climb and the higher the enclosure the better they are also verry active i keep mine in 1200x1200x600 'ea' they are verry comfterable in them.
As with most lizards, the frilled neck lizard needs a UVB bulb, and a heat bulb. if u provide moultiple basking sites and multiple large branches u could possibbley keep more then 1 frilled neck in the same enclosure
Temptures for frilled neck lizards should reach 36c and 24 on at cool end they will reditate them selfs to there required heat,
80-90% of there diet should be insects so make sure u have alot of them
PM me if u want more info,

Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back