Frilled Neck Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsly

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
You hardly ever see these amazing critters on here, how many people here keep these guys? I don't but I'd sure love too. There amazing.

68a2edf2135fdbb732bf9a851d99ff12.jpg

97487c7c359b2392e9456ada7fbc51db.jpg

Not mine unfortunately, hope she breeds this year though..

Nice pics pugsly, is that pete's female? I am waiting for my class 2 lic then i will get some hopefully.

thanks for sharing.

I've kept and bred frillies for around 5yrs, i had to sell my original adults before moving a couple of years ago but i have since got some more......they are without a doubt my favorite lizard, they are truely awesome :) :)

Sorry about all the pics :)

Adult male

reptiles182.jpg

Gravid Female

reptiles346.jpg

Same lizard at 6 months of age

reptiles095.jpg

Some 3 week olds

lizards033.jpg

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

reptiles352.jpg

Thanks for the photos there awesome!

Petes trying to breed his but no luck yet, when do yours fall gravid Duga?

Mine had 4 clutches a year with the first laid in November/December and the last in March/April.

I have heard of them going earlier than that though.

They're great animals. I keep em mate and they're very rewarding. Here's a pic of my male 'Ollie' in display mode...

Chanty79

olfrill1a.jpg

Mine's a moody bugger. Sometimes yes and sometimes no. All depends how warm he is. If you get him early in the morning he's usually pretty calm. But in the afternoon's he'll do just about anything but bite to get away from me. Mine's about 22 inches in TL so I try to avoid getting whipped with his tail if I can help it... As for food you can feed them just about anything - some will even taken a vege mix. Mine doesn't though. I feed mine mainly large roaches....

OFF TOPIC, when they shed how do they get at the scales on the other side of there frill :?

They don't like being handle as much as say a beardie but they will sit on you, they don't like being 'held' so much though or restrained.

My males would sit on my shoulders happily for as long i they were out and not try and run, but if they do run.......boy they can move!

reptiles351.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back