Frillneck pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well, some of you guys may have seen my other post in the aussie snakes forum, with the wild spotted python that was in the college.. well, this time Ive found another frillneck lizard, this guy was outside basking in a grassy area near a carpark at the college. Noticed him when i parked my car, and went to get my camera. let me within about 4metres before scaling the nearest tree.

found it at one of the colleges at JCU, nth QLD. must be the 6th frilly ive seen this year? which is awesome, ive never seen them in the wild until i came up here.

Playing hide-and-seek; the liz kept moving around the tree when i moved, and it was rather funny actually.. id go one way, to get a better view, and he'd move round the tree so i couldnt see, but left his head in a spot where he could still keep an eye on me.. if i went the other way so he couldnt see me, he'd come back around a lil to watch me still..
39330204eb3.jpg

12511624qy0.jpg

51052124vu6.jpg

33952372dm8.jpg

40748937tb5.jpg

17988564mm9.jpg

haha reminds me of a story. my dad came over here from canada (not really reptile rich) and was sitting in a very important business meeting with the heads of all the regions of timber. They were all talking calmly and quietly as business people do, when my dad happened to look out the window, seeing a large frilled lizard sitting on the window sill. he then proceeded to jump out of his chair and yell "OH LIZARD!!" they all looked at him quizically to which he replied and sat down saying...."sorry...canadian"
lol

haha great story :D I love townsville, ive seen far more reptiles here than I did in brisbane... which is awesome :D

Nice photos again mate.

Frillies are unreal. Def a species to get into.

nice pics im counting the days untill i head up from brissy, good to see a bit more herp variety than uq

mhmm. today i handed in my last assignment for the year. YAY! so tomorrow im planning on having the day off... maybe looking for some reptiles. around the uni, if i go around in the arvo, say 4-dark, what r my chances of finding something, most specifically, snakes? Im really interested in finding some more snakes, vens or pythons, whichever. yesterday arvo i was walking around in the creeks at the uni looking for any reptiles, but found nothing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back