Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsly

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Found this little guy around the house last night, let him go this morning after a took some shots of him, kept jumping back onto me everytime I would put him down!

Any idea what type it is?

Looks like a perons from yellow armpits, toe shape and eyes but the stripes are not found on the ones up here.

Here's another one I found a couple of weeks ago, not the same, guess its a burrowing frog!??

Yep first one is Litoria peronii, cute little guy.

hey i seen one of them too wen i was working up at rouse hill did u find that he changed colour when u put him on different things

Only changed from Grey to brown really. The second one is a Marsh frog i think?

The first one seems to lack the Green flecks of the peroni maybe its a Banjo?

Hey Pugsly,

The froggie in the first pic is definitely Litoria Peronii aka Peron's tree frog aka emerald spotted tree frog. I bought three off Agamidae (thanks heaps!! They are amazing!!) and they are now happily living together in a cute little vivarium in my house :D

And yes, the second one is a Marsh frog. How cute!

Michelle

Thanks for the reply!

Heres another one for ya then I have about 10 of them in our pool at the moment.. Needs a clean!

First one is Litoria peronii, Peron's Tree Frog
Second is Limnodynastes peronii, Striped Marsh Frog
Third is Limnodynastes tasmaniensis, Spotted Marsh Frog

Not that I doubted any of you, but I dragged out the old "Cogger's Reptiles and Amphibians of Aust", and yep, I would say that I agree with the ID's. Well done people!

Did you all use books/references? Or are you all just really really good herpers?

I just used the net and so did the others did i think.

Were too lazy for books! lol

I should start my own thread for my question, but i'm too lazy... Can anyone help me identify a frog i found in the Royal National Park a few years ago? Sorry no pics, and my memory is vague nowadays, but i remember reading through every book i could find at the time including the bible, and could not find anything similar. The one thing that stands strong in my memory, was the purple dots on it's thighs, which were only really visible as it stretched it's legs out to swim. We found a few of them in crevices along and in cascades. From memory they varied a bit in colouration but possibly one had some gold and another some dark green. We found about 6-7 and all were similarily sized at about 3-4cm and were calling so i'm presuming they were all fully grown adults. Sorry i can't give a better description, i'll think about it some more... but i definately remember the purle spots on the thighs. Oh yeah, and if memory serves me correctly, at the time i was sure they were some species of Litoria but i was young then so...

P.S. I doubt they were Green & Golden Bell Frogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back