Future Ackie Setup

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coastal-shagg

Reaction score
hi everyone, im hoping to setup an ackie enclosure and need your advice. im no good at google sketch up so im attempting to upload a photo of a drawing so you get the idea.

it will be 5.5ft long 2.5ft deep but I haven't worked out how tall.
im hoping to have at least a 4inch sand/clay base for them to burrow etc.
would my setup in the photo be sufficient? am I missing anything.
im hoping to buy one of those universal backgrounds to make it more natural and include hollow logs desert sand and anything else to make the landscape more natural.
how many would be appropriate for that size environment, ratio m to f?

any advice would be great.

Attachments

• 20130917_154452.jpg
    20130917_154452.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 146
If you're in NSW that size tank will only be able to house one ackie by regulations but if you're elsewhere it will be able to have around 3 or 4 with 1 male and 2-3 females.

With the tank make sure you can get a good heat source of around 50 degrees plus. And as for the height around 60cm should be fine.
Hoped this helped a bit

yea im in nsw, jeez those new regulations really throw a spanner in the works. 50 degrees.... maybe two heat sources?

thanks for the advice

Last edited:
thanks heaps ill check it out!

- - - Updated - - -

I want to be able to house adults in this but living in nsw stops me from having more then one ackie in here.
Soooo what other lizard species would be appropriate? some thing inquisitive maybe beside beardies and blueys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back