Gay Discrimination

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Epic LAWL. I saw "born again christians" and decided to be a smartass. I couldn't care less what you think. If you'd like to know what I think, well.... I think you may just be a:

Teenagers:

Teenagers are the slightly more experienced keepers then Youngins, who have been floating around the site for a few months to a year, accumulating friends and forming attack groups - much like Velociraptors in Jurassic Park (you know the part where they rip that poor guy to pieces? Soughta like that, except they'd be insulting the guy's husbandry skills while they gnawed on his liver.) Often prone to know-it-all-isms, they will answer pointless threads and laugh at your 'stupidity.' 99% of Teenagers, at one point or another, will clash with each other, or any APS member for that matter; but that is merely an APS'er's nature. However, they have been known to use underhanded tactics in order to win, even if it means being banned - because who cares if you get suspended?! YOU WERE RIGHT AND THEY NEED TO KNOW IT!

That's nice. Got anything else to quote back at me or are you done?

btw, I'm not the teenager here. At least I have the balls to back up whatever I say with studies :rolleyes: and not hide behind "speculations."

I have to partially agree with this, I was in a relationship with a woman for the formative years of my oldest sons life and I only found out recently what his emotions and feelings were back then. He is 27 now, and straight with 2 kids. He told me he had to suffer constant beratement at school, and he went to a supposedly very open community school in Birchgrove, he felt weird and like he wasn't the same as the other kids, he got teased and bullied until he fought back and he also never really accepted our relationship. He admitted he still does harbour resentment towards me for putting him through that. Having said that, the woman I was with was a nasty cow, she was jealous of him being my biological son and used to chuck a mental if we showed to much parent child affection. But the thing he hated the most was not being accepted by his peers.

Thanks for the insight and honesty.

That's nice. Got anything else to quote back at me or are you done?

btw, I'm not the teenager here.

Well, you certainly couldn't be an all knowing at 20 years of age. I found it funny that you said in that thread that you have felt like tearing a teenagers head off, on occasion. Your description of a teenager describes how you've argued fairly well.

Yeah, kaotikjezta, sorry for ignoring your post. I appreciate the honesty.

Well, you certainly couldn't be an all knowing at 20 years of age. I found it funny that you said in that thread that you have felt like tearing a teenagers head off, on occasion. Your description of a teenager describes how you've argued fairly well.

Mmhmm, yes, and what have you done in this thread other than hide behind the phrase, "I'm intelligent, I have a speculation." And in regards to age, I don't make any presumptions about your giant intellect based on your location.

The scientific community says the conclusion I've come to is acceptable. You continue to speculate with the boys out in the shed... really.

The scientific community says the conclusion I've come to is acceptable. You continue to speculate with the boys out in the shed... really.

Ill give you credit for punching out a few references Discus.

(Sociological references aren't part of the scientific community)

Are you a sociology or psychology student?

Ill give you credit for punching out a few references Discus.

Sociological references arent part of the scientific community.

Are you a sociology or psychology student?

Neither. This is something I've done in my own time.

As for the Nurture vs Nature papers, I've been hard pressed finding one that wasn't funded by one party or another. I try not to read things that are funded either by a LGBT community or religious groups... unavoidable sometimes.

"Neither. This is something I've done in my own time."

Fair enough, makes sense.
Sociology is basically the laughing stock of psychology and the "hard sciences".
If you read enough psychology journals you will see what i mean.
Sociology doesn't follow proper scientific method, especially with issues of gender
and sexuality.

To quote my sociology lecturer "you cant put gender under the microscope"
90% of lectures involved desperate attempts to defend sociology as a discipline lol

Last edited:
Mmhmm, yes, and what have you done in this thread other than hide behind the phrase, "I'm intelligent, I have a speculation." And in regards to age, I don't make any presumptions about your giant intellect based on your location.

Hmmm talking about low socio economic areas and mixing them in with personal shots? Quite low. However, if you did your homework on me, like I did on you, you'd know I'm a recent Ipswich resident. The location is halfway between Brisbane (where my GF studies) and Gatton, (where I study), so it makes sense.

I guess because you're taking shots at certain areas, you've been spoon fed your wordly intelligence by your rich parents and the stand up chaps at the highest paid institutions in the country. 'On ya mate.

I'm eating a big easter bunny, so I'm not replying for a while. I admit to my posts being a bit childish toward the end, sorry if that offended anyone (except you, Crystal :p lol jokes, if I offended you I apologise), but I think I have somewhat valid "speculations".

Last edited:
I have to partially agree with this, I was in a relationship with a woman for the formative years of my oldest sons life and I only found out recently what his emotions and feelings were back then. He is 27 now, and straight with 2 kids. He told me he had to suffer constant beratement at school, and he went to a supposedly very open community school in Birchgrove, he felt weird and like he wasn't the same as the other kids, he got teased and bullied until he fought back and he also never really accepted our relationship. He admitted he still does harbour resentment towards me for putting him through that. Having said that, the woman I was with was a nasty cow, she was jealous of him being my biological son and used to chuck a mental if we showed to much parent child affection. But the thing he hated the most was not being accepted by his peers.

But this is what needs to change! This will only change when it becomes or is considered more of the 'norm'.

I am also not surprised if he didn't accept your relationship if she was a 'nasty cow' and was jealous of your son?!?! Maybe he would feel different about the situation if he was bought up by 2 loving gay parents, who loved him equally?

Hmmm talking about low socio economic areas and mixing them in with personal shots? Quite low. However, if you did your homework on me, like I did on you, you'd know I'm a recent Ipswich resident. The location is halfway between Brisbane (where my GF studies) and Gatton, (where I study), so it makes sense.

I guess because you're taking shots at certain areas, you've been spoon fed your wordly intelligence by your rich parents and the stand up chaps at the highest paid institutions in the country. On ya mate.

I'm eating a big easter bunny, so I'm not replying for a while. I admit to my posts being a bit childish toward the end, sorry if that offended anyone (except you, Crystal :p lol jokes, if I offended you I apologise), but I think I have somewhat valid "speculations".

Yes, I come from a background of upper crust, rich, heterosexual parents who sent me to all the best schools in Brisbane, where I wore ribbons in my hair and talked boys with all my school girl chums.

Nothing could be further from the truth... well, apart from the dating the Ipswich scum thing (call me crazy, but my ideal date isn't going to Players after getting high and wasted under the cinemas on Ellenborough Street.). And the research thing is just ****ing creepy man.

Here's a hint: I grew up in Lowood.

Last edited:
Yes, I come from a background of upper crust, rich, heterosexual parents who sent me to all the best schools in Brisbane, where I wore ribbons in my hair and talked boys with all my school girl chums.

Nothing could be further from the truth... well, apart from the dating the Ipswich scum thing. And the research thing is just ****ing creepy man.

Here's a hint: I grew up in Lowood.

Got any more cheap shots?

LOLOL You're really quite witty. I like it.

Don't flatter yourself, hun, the research was just me being curious about the reptiles you own, you won't see me at your window, so when you're having pillow fights with your school girl chums, don't bother drawing the curtains ;)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by kaotikjezta

But this is what needs to change! This will only change when it becomes or is considered more of the 'norm'.

I am also not surprised if he didn't accept your relationship if she was a 'nasty cow' and was jealous of your son?!?! Maybe he would feel different about the situation if he was bought up by 2 loving gay parents, who loved him equally?

Have to agree, very similar thing could have happened in any relationship and could probably even be considered common where parents have seperated and found new partners of the opposite or same sex.

Fine, I apologise for **** flinging too. I get really upset knowing there are children out there who need homes, but people don't want to give them to a perfectly loving couple because they're the same gender.

Inb4 social worker. I'm not, or going to be.

No, no offence here. I was actually surprised it had made it ~12 pages before it turned into this.
Australis these are definitely the most interesting ones to read (I love catching them before they get deleted) but I just hate it when a potentially interesting debate turns into an argument and gets closed by mum and dad (Fay and Colin :p) Im no ones dad champ :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back