Gay Discrimination

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a really interesting article!

I was just watching the documentary about the Stonewall Riots the other week. Amazing story.

That is a really interesting article!

I was just watching the documentary about the Stonewall Riots the other week. Amazing story.

Agree Jay a good read and the Stonewall Riots a great show of strength and solidarity to say enough is enough.For me it's really an insight into how far we have come in getting more exceptance and equality. As a volunteer for Aid Action council I have heard and seen a bit of hardship for some out there in regard to discrimination for this or that. Unless your in the know you don't get to see or hear alot of what goes on out there, that I find is the hurdle to getting acceptance in the larger community and or having them understanding how it feels to be not excepted or abused one way or another. Last yr the Labour Government changed 85 laws that excluded same sex discrimination with recognised partnerships etc (possibly for tax purposes) But none the less steps toward more acceptance and equality. I truely feel as the next generations come through and the older thoughts and beliefs will die off, we won't be having this conversation to much more other than a reflection of what our community did for our following GLBTI teenagers and adults, lets hope.

Lastly on Sunday the 15th May is the 28th International AIDS Candlelight Memorial Ceremony, come and stand in solidarity with each other, HIV+ and HIV-, in Australia and around the world to remember and reaffirm our commitment to responding to the HIV epidemic.

lastly on sunday the 15th may is the 28th international aids candlelight memorial ceremony, come and stand in solidarity with each other, hiv+ and hiv-, in australia and around the world to remember and reaffirm our commitment to responding to the hiv epidemic.
where?!?! :d

I meant :D not :d lol
FANTASTIC article, btw.

yeah great article.

And congrats on being the most liked thread on APS. that must equate to you guys reaching a fairly wide audience and possibly moving just a tiny step forward to the recognition and equality you deserve.

where?!?! :d

I meant :D not :d lol
FANTASTIC article, btw.

All good :) Not sure where your memorial is going to be located in QLD. We have one here in Canberra. My invitation was for all to join weather it's at a location or you could register to start one of your own vigil ;)

Yeah, it's for everyone, can't target a minority, as we've seen from this thread ;) Big brother is all about control. If the derro parents knew someone was watching and there would be consequences for their actions, they'd think twice.

I know a guy who is an absolute scumbag. Deals weed on a fairly large level. He's got 4 kids, two girls and two boys. They get sent to a private school to make everything look fine and dandy. He collects a disability pension from centerlink when he isn't disabled, his mrs collects one, too. They get money for the kids. We worked it out that between them they're on over $1500 a fortnight. Then there's the drug money on top...

So all this money, and private school education, yet the children drink water from the dog bowls in the back yard of their FILTHY house, they are exposed to the weed smoking, it isn't hidden from them. He KICKS his children and calls them C***s, (all of them are very young, two aren't old enough to attend school) and he manipulates a good woman I know who is on a pension legitimately for food, they usually get mac and cheese or maggi noodles.

This is prevalent in ****ty areas and I bet worse goes on.

I also know another fella who's daughter is covered in scabies, she attends school in filthy clothing and is constantly ridiculed. He abuses his son, and was giving his son weed before he was ten years old.

Surely homosexuals that want children would be far greater parents, but that isn't my reasoning behind being sceptical about it.

so take photos and report them perhaps? if you KNOW someone is cheating the system, and you do nothing, you're as bad as them.

even if you can't prove the cheating, if you can take photos of him abusing his children, then they're in deep do do, to start acting instead of enabling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol I'm going to actually answer the original question on this thread.

How does this personally affect me?
I personally think its disgusting that people are getting hated on for who they love.
It does not affect me in a bad way at all. It does not impare my judgement of people, it does not impare my view of society except that a majority of people are ignorant.

I can't believe we are still stuck in a kind of society that doesn't accept people for who they are.
We've accepted african-americans haven't we?
But of course, there will still be those who are racist and narrowminded.
I'm sure a lot of you (including myself) get hated on for owning reptiles... Something we can't get our head around as being 'wrong', but more of a love and hobby and yes, lifestyle.

OF COURSE it all goes back to religion!
As does every law if you look into it.... You shall not steal, you shall not this, you shall not that...
Most of those are now laws...

I personally think the government needs to get with the times... we aren't in robes and sandals anymore!

It's a strange paradox today, but even still it's much better than it was a few short years ago. Judging someone for their sexuality is as bad as judging someone for how they look, clothe, or what they eat or what religion they belong to. If we can take religion out of issues such as abortion and IVF, single motherhood and use of embryos for research surely we can take religion out of homosexuality?

I'm straight myself, but I once had a good friend who I knew was gay, but I simply ignored his status and bought stuff off him and sold stuff to him, I didn't even comment. I just acted as though he was straight because it isn't really any of my business what he does in private anyway. It's nigh on time for the government to get their calloused fingers out of our bedrooms. We've simply had enough of their crap and now that Labor is in control of the federal govt maybe we should get rid of every last law against gays. In this day and age there is little point in even keeping these laws - I'd say most of them are ignored and not even enforced and you have to ask yourself why they are not enforced.

meh discrimination

some thing should never be changed or altered to suit a crying few.
santity of marriage/parenthood-- 1 mum female/1 dad male base nucleus family
IVF/fertility treatment-- defeating the natural population control

unfortuately we live in a world forgetting what were we come from modern science is gonna be the end of us

apologies for my blunt straightfoward opinion

I don't respect the santity of marriage, and the nucleus family is a modern invention....

Shooting poor spellers, or 80 year olds ;), is also a natural form of population control :D

No apologies for a facetious opinion.

meh discrimination

some thing should never be changed or altered to suit a crying few.
santity of marriage/parenthood-- 1 mum female/1 dad male base nucleus family
IVF/fertility treatment-- defeating the natural population control

unfortuately we live in a world forgetting what were we come from modern science is gonna be the end of us

apologies for my blunt straightfoward opinion

As I stated in my earlier post,..it's the next generations that will eventually overcome these archaic misguided beliefs.

IVF is aound 15% successful and at 4-5grand a go not many are jumping on the band wagon to do so.

Do you miss the Sullivans on tv too?

I'm an IVF baby, and personally I'm quite glad it exists :p

EDIT: I just realised, IVF MUST CREATE GAY BABIES!

BURN IT!

Last edited:
Alot of the focus in this threads seems to be at Gay men.

But if you`re a single man, then you should be happy that there is alot of gay men around, because it means more single women and you dont have to compete with them.

All you have to do is look at the names and faces thread = If Jay84 wasnt gay he would steal all the women.

( Sorry to bring you into this Jay84 but, you have like 100 pics in the above thread and most of them showing off your abs, and I cant compete with that, so please stay gay )

Alot of the focus in this threads seems to be at Gay men.

But if you`re a single man, then you should be happy that there is alot of gay men around, because it means more single women and you dont have to compete with them.

All you have to do is look at the names and faces thread = If Jay84 wasnt gay he would steal all the women.

( Sorry to bring you into this Jay84 but, you have like 100 pics in the above thread and most of them showing off your abs, and I cant compete with that, so please stay gay )
Hahaha this made me laugh. Mostly because it's true :p

Hahahahaha....... good point there braidotti! More girls for the straight guys lol.

Thanks all for the compliments hahaha.

The reason i posted so many pics in the names and faces thread was because i posted a couple and i received a few quite nasty PM's from a few members on here, mainly homophobic idiotic comments. As anyone that knows me personally would know, this just fuelled my fire and i just kept posting...... and posting...... and posting hahaha. It just turned into a bit of a joke with me and Waruikazi. I found it quite amusing lol.

lol I wondered what the deal was with that. My favourite quote from that thread is still:
Zeezza: "Chicken legs has very nice arms"
Gordo: "Yeah I'm sure Chicken Legs's boyfriend agrees"

I dunno Jay, that thread was serious business!

I couldn't beleive the hate that some of those pics brought out in some people!

Hahahahaha....... good point there braidotti! More girls for the straight guys lol.

Thanks all for the compliments hahaha.

The reason i posted so many pics in the names and faces thread was because i posted a couple and i received a few quite nasty PM's from a few members on here, mainly homophobic idiotic comments. As anyone that knows me personally would know, this just fuelled my fire and i just kept posting...... and posting...... and posting hahaha. It just turned into a bit of a joke with me and Waruikazi. I found it quite amusing lol.

The only thing I have against gays is when I see photos of some real HUNKS in the paper, and magazines, or on tv, and I think geez ................... WHAT a WASTE!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back