Gay Discrimination

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm actually bi, not gay, and I find that I'm strongly attracted to men sexually, but look to women for a relationship. I find the idea of sex with women repulsive...

Yeah weird one here :p

I actually feel the same way although I dont understand why, I do find it rather strange :p

Last edited:
Well not every Christian religion has gone to war e.g. Jehovahs Witnesses. Being gay isn't a natural thing, that's why we have the different sexual organs to each other, but it is a personal opinion whether or not being gay is right. It is also someones personal choice to be gay and we shouldn't judge people for that

What a small minded little prat! Being gay is at natural to us as straight is to you.

Sorry, but you lost credibility right there.

Do you choose to be straight, go on sleep with another of the same sex. It's your choice to be straight if your ignorant mind set proves right.

I work with a gay chap. He was the best man at my wedding. He is a normal guy as far as anyone is concerned. He doesn't act like a typical gay person where everything is overly dramatic or where he needs to be noticed cause he is gay.

I knew another gay guy once who was the complete opposite. Must be that case of two sides to every story things again.

Saying you like gays, and then saying typical gay person... that in my eyes is as bad as homophobia. what is a typical gay person. There are none, the same way there is no typical straight person. The problem is straight people only see the flamboyant ones ( Just as you would notice a goth walking through a shopping centre) because you don't notice any of the guys that act like every other person that walks down the street.

Why can`t a gay person give blood ?

Because there is a 'higher' risk of HIV transmission in the gay populous. However all blood is screened anyway... there is a court case on about it now.

Last edited:
Why can`t a gay person give blood ?

It's actually because of anal sex
A gay male can give blood if they have not had anal sex within the last year.
Straight males answer this question also and if they have had anal sex with a girl are also excluded from giving blood.

The reasoning behind it is anal sex increases the chance of blood born infections that may result in aids but many other diseases also.
The reality is red cross have to screen and test ALL blood so regourously that if a person whom lied on the questions still gave blood they would still flag the blood as a risk
Also straight couples have just as high a risk of passing on blood born infection as gay couples. It purely is discrimination from legislation that was created in the stone ages when nothing as known about aids

Last edited:
It's actually because of anal sex
A gay male can give blood if they have not had anal sex within the last year.
Straight males answer this question also and if they have had anal sex with a girl are also excluded from giving blood.

The reasoning behind it is anal sex increases the chance of blood born infections that may result in aids but many other diseases also.
The reality is red cross have to screen and test ALL blood so regourously that if a person whom lied on the questions still gave blood they would still flag the blood as a risk
Also straight couples have just as high a risk of passing on blood born infection as gay couples. It purely is discrimination from legislation that was created in the stone ages when nothing as known about aids

I was giving blood regularly until last year when i moved away from the clinics. I remember the question was only for men to answer and it only said same sex sexual intercourse. I don't remember it saying anything about butt sex with women.

Yep as soon as you say your gay. end of conversation.

Tattoos come into play as well somewhere.

The thing i don't understand is - If their blood test screening process was fool proof, it should not matter where or who the blood has come from!

If their tests are reliable, then why does it matter that the blood may have come from someone who is more high risk? I know i would be asking a few questions if i was one of those people on the receiving end of a transfusion.

In regards to the Red Cross, their screens are not "fool proof"
The concern of the Blood Service is what they call the "window Period" for blood born infections
This is where an infection has been transferred but is not yet detectable.
If that blood is then infused in another person the infection is still present and has the potential to cause issues. It has nothing to do with anal sex, it's targetting male to male sexual relations due to the statistically higher number of homosexual males in the infected population.

Personally I don't agree with ANY form discrimination, however this is purely focusing on facts not people. I understand it can seem like a contradiction but it's exactly the same for tattoos and those who have travelled internationally (which there is a map for). The reasons are for the potential for blood born infections to be carried and not yet detectable.

I would encourage you to visit
Am I eligible to give blood? | Australian Red Cross Blood Service
Check out the fact sheets for more information.

What p!sses me off is that a guy in my class dislikes me, so he calls me gay.
I ask him how being homosexual is bad, and he just says it is because men and women are meant to be together so they can reproduce.

Surely that guy knows gay people can have children...

I'm a gay man waiting {with partner}for the birth of our first child. Can't wait.

Prob be a whole other discussion.

Blood tests are not fool proof as I found out to my horror when having a blood transfusion after my second son, my blood has a rare Rhesus factor and so there was very little available, I had to wait for it to be flown in to Goulburn hospital from interstate. I was suffering what I thought was chronic fatigue after the birth and went for a check-up only to find out I ad early onset symptoms for Hep C. Tried to take the hospital to court and they basically said that I would never win as the blood testing is considered totally infallible and it wouldn't stand up in court and I would be accused of being a drug user and humiliated and ridiculed. Great. Sorry to hijack, just pointing out the fallibility of blood testing.

With 100 replies I am curious,after alot of people stating their sexuality,how many members have different views now?Toward others they have dealt with,have on their friends lists,chatted with,etc.Me personally nothing has changed,I live outside the box and accept race,sexuality,religion,etc.Everybody grows up with thousands of choices and information overload,so to me there is no real excuse in most cases for uneducated ideals of life.The biggest joke of all is that alternative sexuality will bring the downfall of population growth and humanity.With nearly 7 billion on this planet I pretty sure a few less people breeding will be a bonus.

the red cross are a bunch of hipocties they ask for blood donations as levels get low then they have a hide to then segregate particular groups out and tar everyone in that group with the same brush and thats not fair. So when it comes to them asking for money in their national appeal i would rather give it to another charity more accepting of donations whether it be money or blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back