G'day all, pleasure to be here!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nicman72

Reaction score
Firstly, I'd like to extend a warm hello to all of the other reptile-lovers out there. This is the first message I've ever posted to any forum, ever, so please bear with me if I make a few novice mistakes along the way; hopefully I'll pick it up pretty quick 'though. From the threads I've read so far, I can instantly tell that everyone here seems passionate about animals, and eager to help if they can, so I have no doubt I'm going to fit in just fine.

I guess a brief intro is in order, considering this is the introductions area! My name's Nic, and I live on the Sunny Coast in Qld with my beautiful partner, Deme, and our three kids, Rose (an Eastern Beardie), Rusty and Rahket (our two colourful Centrals). We don't have any human kids yet, but I'm sure they'll eventually come. We're pretty happy with our current kids for the time being.

Rose was our first lizard together - we got her about 18 months ago at the age of about 1 and a half. We utterly fell in love with her, and eventually bought our two centrals as babies, which was back around Xmas '08 which puts them both around the 10-month-old mark. Watching them grow from just a couple of inches long to the size and colour they are now has been captivating. When he's horny, feisty, or sleepy, Rusty fires up into the most brilliant display of red, like a tomato. Everyone who meets him loves his colours.

We love taking our lizards out and about with us when we're doing outdoors stuff (eg. beach, markets), and the number of people that want to have a pat or a hold is incredible. All of our lizards are completely tame, and are more than happy to be passed around from one pair of hands to another. Unfortunately, everyone we meet like this seems to have a story of 'one they saw dead on the road just the other day', or some such line, which always breaks my heart. How can there be so many people out there who love our Aussie reptiles, yet at the same time, so many that will happily drive right over the top of one?

Anyway, I've probably lost everyone by now, but if you're still reading, thanks. I'll probably have a few questions from time to time, and I'd be more than happy to help anyone else (if and when I can) when it comes to looking after beardies. I am by no means an expert, and am ALWAYS learning myself, but if I can help, I will.

Look forward to chewing the fat with a few of you. I can talk for hours when it come to reptiles - I love 'em!

Cheers,
Nic

Attachments

• Three on log.jpg
    Three on log.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 105
Welcome to APS,most of the time you can get decent answers to any questions you ask.Im not a huge fan with lizards however your Beardys are a nice bunch,the middle one is stunning...Photos are always appreciated too...MARK

Welcome indeed, this is a great site, lots of fun, lots of help and lots of interesting topics. Passion is a good word for those who keep reps. It's a disease really and we all love it. :)

Cheers, Annie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back