gecko advice please.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, just for the first few moths so you can make sure each individual is eating well

i would mist every week or so, just when it starts 2 dry out and feed daily

ok so no need for water dish?? or do u mean with a water dish lol seems like ive been on the wrong track sorry if my questions seems annoying just dont wanna do something wrong by them. no other hides or n e thing?? should i have a light over the containers like just a standard lamp?? or is that not necessary

lol yea with a water dish i just sit mine into of my dragon tank for warmth

They wont need any heating at all like sdaji said they are one of the most cold tolerant reptiles around, they will live and breed happily at room temp. Include plenty of sticks to climb on and I've found they like curled up eucalyptus bark to hide in, and stable stucks of slate (flat rock) they can squeeze between.

ok awesome. these guys im gettin are about 4cms just spoke to the breeder?/ i've already paid for a heat cord... dam lol will it hurt them if i use it?? or benefit them?? or did i just waste my money lol aslo what type of crix & calcium will i get for them??

You can use the heat cord on one end of the enclosure but it isn't necessary.

And in my previous post when I say "stucks" I mean "stacks" lol.

i got my hatchie of a similar species not too long ago
i housed mine in a 12L click clack until he was 7 months, weather you can house all three in the one i'm not sure. DO NOT USE SUBSTRATE! at this age a couple grains of sand is all it takes to cause impaction as for papaer towel on the bottom i found that crickets hide way too well under this. i already had my adult cage when i brought mine so i put the click clack inside the tank and used the red light bulb to heat the click clack with a probe hermostat with the probe inside the conatiner obviously. you shouls try and maintan the temp at around 30 and the humdity at 40 -50 so you don't get problems with sheding.
although its very temting to put them straight in the big boys tanks do not do it you;ll have way too much trouble with them not being able to ctach their food, most poeple wait till they're between 6 and 12 months before the move. after the move you can use sand, i do and haven't had a problem mainy becuase i feed roaches that mine catchs on the walls far away from sand.
in terms of plants these guys can live in arid environments so living plants may not be natural, i have a couple of fakes in mine, but my guy ignores them , he loves his logs and branches though.
hope that helps

oh just to add the breeder i got mine off actually recomended to only put one hid in the click clack so they can hide if they need to, but they are also kind of forced to get used to you moving around outside, it seems to have worked well, mine is pretty rlxed for a gecko

ok awesome so nothing in the bottom of their enclosure... i got a 5ltr round container for each, how long before they out grow that?? or when should i put them all together lol dont say right away coz im not buying more tubs!! hahaha.... like tsidasa said before will the milk caps be too small for these guys?? ok no plants.... thats easy. pretty boring home..... 1 hide and a milk bottle cap water bowl lol What calcium or vitamins do u use for ur gex?? also do they have a heat cord etc?? will i put a twig in for each of em??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back