Gecko Advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

junglepython2

Hi all I recently purchased a pair of thick-tails on the weekend and the previous owner said that they happily ate lettuce and other vege's similar to what would be fed to beardies. (I know beardies shouldn't be fed lettuce)

In everything that I have read its been stated that they are insectivorous. Does anyone one else feed their gecko's on anything other then insects? Or know of any health implications?

They are happily eating roaches at the moment by the way!

Thanks

Hahahahaha... who did you buy them off??? Geckos won't eat anything that doesn't move. The person you bought them off lied to you.

Lol I thought as much however they did have minced up vege's in their tank, I presume the vege's were shrinking up do the the heat and she took that as if they were eating them.

yeah i was thinking the same thing heh
all geckos are insectiverous and as
bredli said won't eat anything that doesn't
move :roll:

Probably, any crickets and roaches still in the cage would have been having a nibble too. :)

I have no idea how they survive in the wild they would have to be the worst hunters, fun to watch though.

ha ha i agree with ya there jungle
mine strikes and misses alot but he gets em in the end lol

Cam...

your not wrong! when i feed mine up
they would be lucky to actually catch
and eat 4 of the 10 roaches/crix lol

you keep any gex bredli?
i'm in western sydney too

Not any more.. i have kept Thick-tails, Stone's, Lesueurs & Broad-tails though. I want to get back into them soon but i'm not too keen on having to breed crickets and they're too expensive to buy in those little tubs. We'll see what happens, i really want some hypo milii though so it will probably happen, i just don't know when. :)

I'd probably throw in about 5-6 every couple of days. It was a while back now.

I've kept them individually, in pairs, in trios and in a huge group with Lesueurs & Thick tails. But the quantities i mentioned would be approx. for each gecko.

Re: RE: Gecko Advice

MrBredli said:
Hahahahaha... who did you buy them off??? Geckos won't eat anything that doesn't move. The person you bought them off lied to you.

That's not entirely true as my Amyae will take freshly killed crickets in a dish... But as for veges - I don't think so dude...

Chanty79

RE: Re: RE: Gecko Advice

I tried my thick tails on dog food once and some of them actually ate it but I only tried it once.

My three marble V gek's have an interesting way of getting there food. The climb up on the Tree bark i have in there and wait for a cric to wonder underneath then fall on them.

The other thing they like to do is run along side the crix for about 10cm then eat them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back