Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats cool, just been watching heaps of vids of them on youtube, thought they looked pretty cool.
Thanks guys, going to try and get my tank setup within a week or so

Mate,
I would recommend either Thick tails ($90) or knob tails (from $150), both are easy to care for. Thick tails in Mount Martha would require minimal heat, however it depends on how active you want them to be.

Knob tails are my favorites, they love to dig burrows, they dont climb glass or escape easily, and their personality characteristics are adictive (tail wagging, pouncing, push ups). Thick tails do climb alot more than knob tails and over the years I have had alot more thick tails escape from open enclosures that knob tails, even though I keep alot more knob tails.

Knob tails in Mt Martha will require some heat.
Good luck, I live in Werribee Victoria and have both TTG and knobbies for sale at the moment. Refer to the for sale section.

Any ideas on what a leopard gecko is worth?

i was offered some a while ago for 150 each,...not worth losing my licence and pets though.

WTB, i get exactly what i want cos all my animals are with me for life,..so theres no point in 'practicing' on something i dont really want. :)

i'd feel just as bad losing a $20 animal as an expensive one. :)

Cheers guys.
Still making my mind up at the moment, its either a pair of gecko's, but i am also desperatly trying to con my oldies into letting me buy a snake, ive been wanting one ever since ive been a kid....
See how i go i guess.

snakes are the easiest of all to take care of, heaps better if u wanna be able to stay out for a few nights in a row etc,...

Yeah... only want a smallish one, so a childrens or stimpson would be grouse. Its just the fact that i have to convince my folks to let me keep one here without them kicking me out of home lol.
Any good excuses?
And also how big of a tank would they need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back