Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coxy

Reaction score
Hey just wanting an id on this gecko, it was found in western sydney, but it was found on a pallet of beer possibly imported from victoria.

Attachments

• gecko.JPG
    gecko.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 204
looks like a bynoes gecko(heteronotia binoei)

The colour suggests Bynoe's but because the pic isn't focused, the toes look like pads rather than claws. If you could get a better quality photo, a definite ID could be made.

they are found in the NW corner of vic and in most of nsw

Dose it look like this?

Attachments

• tn_100_7021.JPG
    tn_100_7021.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 82
I am going with Hemidactylus frenatus...Asian House gecko

a better pic and i will tell you for sure.
Cheers,Scott

I have looked up heaps of pics of marbled gecko and i don't think it is one, doesn't look like any asian house geckos i have seen at my mates place in qld. sorry best pic i could get on the camera i used.

Definatly not Gehyra or Hemidactylus, they are more dorsally depressed than this animal, my money is still on H. binoei

Hornet,

Its not a Binoei..it has toe pads.

Its not Christinus or Gehyra the body shape is wrong.

Leaving either Lepidactylus or Hemidactylus however the head shape fits better with Hemidactylus. It is a juvenile not an adult and there is a fairly marked shift in body shape in Hemi's

Cheers,
Scott

i cant see the feet all that well in the pics but it doesnt look a AHG to me, not like the ones we get up here anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back