Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dtasrt_lk

Reaction score
hello, this is my first post. I have often read threads on here in the past but havent gotten round to signing up until now. I am new to reptiles, and know very little. I found this gecko running across the patio (here in North QLD) and since it didnt look like another asian house gecko I caught it for a closer look. There is some damage on its back, looks like the skin just tore away, and I think it must have happened soon before I caught it as it was still wet (but not bleeding). Im going to keep it overnight and ive already fed it some of my baby woodies. Just wondering if anyone could give me an ID? im curious. I have tried to look on the net and i think Gehyra variegata or Gehyra dubia look similar to it. If it is a native Australian species I will be glad to hear and it would be good to know they are around as my house is infested with asian house geckos...

gecko_unkown011.jpg

gecko_unkown015.jpg

gecko_unkown001.jpg

gecko_unkown017.jpg

where exactly in northern qld are you?

That looks like G. catenata to me
Cheers,
Scott

yep native house gecko Gehyra dubia poor thing looks like its been actacked by some thing should be ok relese it back werre you found it and if you have cats keep them in doors looks to me like a claw mark

Geckoman,

Its not a dubia

Cheers,
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back