Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReptileCove

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Harrison and i moved here from England about 3 months ago and since moving here i have got my reptile liscence and bought a spotted python. But me and my friend have decided to start breeding reptiles but his mum has said he can only start with a smallish kind of gecko so she can gradually get used to them. i was just wandering what kind of smallish geckos i can buy in QLD and what ones you would reccomend. Please keep them fairly cheap as we are just starting out. Around the £130 mark or below.

Thanks for looking,

harrison..

Knob-Tails or Thick-Tails would be good ones to start off with.

Do a bit of research first though - 'Keeping Australian Geckos' by Rob Porter would be a good book to buy and thoroughly read first :)

woops, yep.. sorry..
so used to putting the pound sign, that's meant to be a dollar sign..
and thanks shellfisch, i will research a bit about those and tak to my friend about them.
what about ringtailed geckos? or velvet geckos? i think i've spelt that right. :p
anyway, i think know-tails are a good choice too.. thanks again

You can use the 'Advanced Search' bar at the top right hand corner of the screen to research your other gecko choices?

Also, that book I mentioned has chapters on Ring-Tails and Marbleds, as well as Knob and Thick-Tails.
And its quite cheap, under $15.00 :D

That is pretty cheap! and i have spoken to my friend and he likes the idea of starting with knob-tailed geckos, and now both of our brothers want to join in too! : D
thanks for the advice, do you know much about knob-tailed geckos yourself?

I'm a novice compared to some on APS ;)

We (my son and I) have had a pair for just over a year.
They are very healthy, and have had one lot of healthy bubs for us, and have since laid another two clutches that we are waiting on to hatch.

I have photos in my album on here :D

This thread is a good read, and has lots of good advice by experienced keepers -
My first levis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back