Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReptileCove

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Harrison and i moved here from England about 3 months ago and since moving here i have got my reptile liscence and bought a spotted python. But me and my friend have decided to start breeding reptiles but his mum has said he can only start with a smallish kind of gecko so she can gradually get used to them. i was just wandering what kind of smallish geckos i can buy in QLD and what ones you would reccomend. Please keep them fairly cheap as we are just starting out. Around the ÂŁ130 mark or below.

Thanks for looking,

harrison..

Knob-Tails or Thick-Tails would be good ones to start off with.

Do a bit of research first though - 'Keeping Australian Geckos' by Rob Porter would be a good book to buy and thoroughly read first :)

woops, yep.. sorry..
so used to putting the pound sign, that's meant to be a dollar sign..
and thanks shellfisch, i will research a bit about those and tak to my friend about them.
what about ringtailed geckos? or velvet geckos? i think i've spelt that right. :p
anyway, i think know-tails are a good choice too.. thanks again

You can use the 'Advanced Search' bar at the top right hand corner of the screen to research your other gecko choices?

Also, that book I mentioned has chapters on Ring-Tails and Marbleds, as well as Knob and Thick-Tails.
And its quite cheap, under $15.00 :D

That is pretty cheap! and i have spoken to my friend and he likes the idea of starting with knob-tailed geckos, and now both of our brothers want to join in too! : D
thanks for the advice, do you know much about knob-tailed geckos yourself?

I'm a novice compared to some on APS ;)

We (my son and I) have had a pair for just over a year.
They are very healthy, and have had one lot of healthy bubs for us, and have since laid another two clutches that we are waiting on to hatch.

I have photos in my album on here :D

This thread is a good read, and has lots of good advice by experienced keepers -
My first levis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back