Get together again?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

I am just thinking about another Sydney togethering in Christmas break.
Any Idea people?
Mabe we can invite members of Macarthur herp society as well.

Why not have it in Melb and you Sydneysiders can come down and meet all us Vics. We don't bite, promise :) :)

Lol diamond. You guys do lot of things together in Melbourne and few of us from Sydney did join you in past. Hix was chasing girls in ther as I know. :wink: and some others.

Yeah but I wasn't there back then :)

I think I better start joining in the Melbourne gatherings first :) :)

Hix was chasing girls in ther as I know. and some others.
I'd just like to clarify that statement in case anybody took it the wrong way, i.e. the "and some others" part:

It means there were some other Sydney people who have gone to Melbourne get-togethers. It does not mean Hix chases 'some others'. Hix chases girls only ('coz they're no good if I catch 'em in traps).

:p

Hix

Lol Hixy u are sounding somewhat paranoid mate.... :lol: What happened to you heading thru this way on your way out west recently?
Slatey i reckon an Aps get togethor is a great idea, overdue i'd say, how about it folks?

Parko,

That shortcut that was going near your place, and would cut an hour and ahlf of my driving time? It proved the old axiom "A shortcut is the longest distance between two points." It ended up adding two hours to the journey. I just didn't have the time at that point to stop. As it was, I arrived at Gundabooka at about 8:30pm.

Thanks for the offer though. Maybe some other time?

Are the copperheads out and about yet, or is it still too cold up there?

Hix

Hix, u certainly wouldn't be the first traveller to add an extra 2 hrs to their journey by taking a shortcut :), at least you got to see places you hadn't been to before i guess, though you probably saw them at 100km's per hour lol.
Have only seen one copperhead out so far, it's only just warming up now(even snowed for a while last saturday night). Hopefully i can drag u up this way this summer and i'll show u some real ''snakey'' spots nearby.

Yep, I think it's a good idea, Slatey! I reckon a Taronga Zoo day would be a great idea - maybe a behind-the-scenes tour again? THe last one was great!

Any other suggestion on where to do this?
I liked last time the Fetherdale Wildlife Park. The tour behind the sceen was great, specially the catching of goana. LOL.
It is cheaper and lot of parking.
But please if anybody have some other Idea than me or lutzd, ROLL THEM IN.

We'd get in free anyway Gilleni, I doubt that SnakeRanch is open to visitors. I dont think it exists as a single location entity anyway.
ps, I vote featherdale.

Yeah i didnt mean the snake ranch to seriously... im sure they wouldnt even tell us where it is.... let alone let us in..

What, is there actually decent girls in Melb??

You are sooooo not coming to my place again :twisted: ;)

We were actually talking about maybe heading up that way in December/January when we get holidays so we might be able to come :D. It all depends on how quickly we can pay off all these damn bills! :evil: Bloody power company were short staffed so they sent us 2 power bills in the same envelope for a HUGE amount :evil: NOT happy Jan :evil:

what about having it somewhere on the border, then vic and n.s.w can get together and drive roughly the same distance :)

Parko said:
Hix, u certainly wouldn't be the first traveller to add an extra 2 hrs to their journey by taking a shortcut :), at least you got to see places you hadn't been to before i guess, though you probably saw them at 100km's per hour lol.

In actual fact, I got excellent views. The 'shortcut road" turned out to be Wombeyan Caves Rd and it goes up over the mountains, alongside cliffs with no barriers to stop you driving off, sharp blind corners and unsealed all the way. It's like Galston Gorge Rd, but 77 kms long, which is why it added 2 hrs to the journey - I had to negotiate it at 30kms for the entire length up to the caves. So I had the chance to enjoy the scenery. Even stopped to take some photos. I'll post them later.

So, Parko, what's the chance of another get-together at your place in a couple of months? I'd love to see Sherm beaten up by a girl again.

Hix

Love that route Hix, went along there when my wife was learning to drive, white knuckle all the way. I told her dont brake going into a turn so she took it literally and just kept going at the one speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back