Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is important to make 100% sure that temps both min and max are correct before resorting to force feeding anything.You need to rule out incorrect husbandry first.

Hi! Would this work with my stimmi that has stopped feeding! Fed perfectly ever since i got her bout 5 months ago, but she has recently stopped feeding nd missed 2 feeds now over 2 weeks :( alot of people have been saying its just the winter time, any thoughts?

Listen to congo..... good advice. Your snake is prolly just not in eating mood because it is coming on winter. One of my macs has stopped eating too.... missed the last 2 feeds (the other one still has a healthy appetite tho)
Dont worry about force feeding it for a few months, unless it looks sickly. If it is healthy and otherwise normal (other than staying in its hide alot) just leave it for now IMO ;)

So I bought a problem feeder Jag a little while ago. I tried every trick I knew to get it feeding, but with no success.
So I decided to try "Reptile Wombaroo".

You mix it 50/50 with warm water, fill a syringe with a small amount of it and orally inject. Wait 2 days and this happens.
a12077c6.jpg

7e024524.jpg

fdc1d3d6.jpg

This Jag had 2 pinkie mice.

This is amazing stuff! :)
how old is your jag in these pics?

I thought WIRES was co founded by Mikla Lewis and Valerie Thurlow, because I joined for a while back then when they first started it..(and that was in the early 80's)

how old is your jag in these pics?

I think about 2 months from memory. She has also had a sex change to a he.

Here's an updated photo. Sorry it's a poor photo, I can't for the life of me get him to sit still for more then 1 second.
F9AEC44A-38C6-42D8-8077-0995A7E57EB5-207-00000023C60252D1_zps1d2c9b0d.jpg

I think about 2 months from memory. She has also had a sex change to a he.

Here's an updated photo. Sorry it's a poor photo, I can't for the life of me get him to sit still for more then 1 second.
F9AEC44A-38C6-42D8-8077-0995A7E57EB5-207-00000023C60252D1_zps1d2c9b0d.jpg
Mate he's a beautiful specimen!!

Put it in a upturned container,wait a few minutes until it settles then lift the container and take your pics.You usually have enough time to take a few pics before they start moving around too much.

That's it.
Where can I find this feeder stuff I've got a jag that is the fussiest eater I've only gotten him to eat twice in the month that I've had him he doesn't strike at anything I've left the food item in his enclosure and covered it and yea like I said only twice has it disappeared from the many many attempts. Temps are 33-34 hot end( on his heat mat) 27-29 cool end he's about 3 month old in a 5 liter click clack with 3 hides which he never uses I'm going to try quail next week and hope to get him feeding regularly and if that doesn't work I am willing to try this wombaroo I'm getting pretty desperate!.

I thought WIRES was co founded by Mikla Lewis and Valerie Thurlow, because I joined for a while back then when they first started it..(and that was in the early 80's)

I probably should have worded that part differantly, but I didn't feel like going into detail.

My farther was approached by Ian McCarthy (my father worked for Ian at a wildlife park in Bathurst) in the 80's. Ian had been approached by some people wanting to start WIRES in Bathurst. They had people to deal with birds and kangaroos etc, (two women, but he can't remember their names) but no one to deal with reptiles, that's where Ian and my father came into it. He said their was a vet involved too, I think called Brim or Brin, I can't remember the vets last name. Anyway, Brim performed what was believed to be, the first ever operation on a python, it was my fathers carpet python.

Where can I find this feeder stuff I've got a jag that is the fussiest eater I've only gotten him to eat twice in the month that I've had him he doesn't strike at anything I've left the food item in his enclosure and covered it and yea like I said only twice has it disappeared from the many many attempts. Temps are 33-34 hot end( on his heat mat) 27-29 cool end he's about 3 month old in a 5 liter click clack with 3 hides which he never uses I'm going to try quail next week and hope to get him feeding regularly and if that doesn't work I am willing to try this wombaroo I'm getting pretty desperate!.

I ordered it online from a place called "everything wildlife".

Put it in a upturned container,wait a few minutes until it settles then lift the container and take your pics.You usually have enough time to take a few pics before they start moving around too much.

You know, I thought of that, but I couldn't find a spare container that would fit this snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back