Getting my first tiger snake.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I had vens I always kept a piece of paper prominently positioned in my wallet

Just gave my blood type and the types of vens I may have been bitten by
Never had to use it
But possibly a good idea

Forget the crap and dont get bitten. Its not worth it. You'll throw up, crap your pants, temorarily lose a couple of your senses, minor nuerological damage, bleed, feel like crap and maybe react to the antivenom. You probably wont die but why try and find out.

With a good dose your kidneys will never recover either. There is plenty of collatoral damage.

I skimmed through this thread and I don't think it's been suggested already. Would it be a good idea for Jesse to tell the hospital exactly what he's keeping?

you will be fine , just don't get complacent , remember what they are and the consequences.

... The doctor on duty may have never treated a snakebite before or know what they're doing....it wouldn't be the first time!

Scary Short "Sometimes I feel like the prey." - YouTube

spot on

i clean all of my snakes and lizards cages once every week.
That's going to change then. lol

Advice? ... The concentration of a tiger snake's venom can kill 50% of a mice population.

Stating the obvious. A 50% kill rate is precisely what the aim is with LD50.

Last edited:
cool hope you post some pics, i would love to get into the venomous snakes one day....oh yeah dont get bit....good luck
cheers
Jenno

A vial of both poly and mono contain 3000 units of tiger snake antivenom however the poly also has around 37000 units of other antivenom that is not going to be needed. All that animal protein increases the chances of serum sickness or other possible complications. Much better off using mono if it is available for the snake responsible.

Last edited:
Thanks :D Good to know, I wasn't sure how the polyvalents worked. I'd wonder if it's as effective as using a monovalent though? Ahh ignorance is bliss :)

As Baxtor said it is a much larger volume which isnt ideal and much more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back