Giant tree frog/ white lipped tree frog feeding question?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KellieF

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi, was just needing some info on how much and what to feed an adult giant tree frog.

He is a rescue and i have finally got him eating crickets but was just wondering how many i should feed him and what size and how often.

He started eating about 3 medium crickets a day, have got him upto 6 mediums a day for the last week.
Last night i kept offering him more to see how many he would eat and i stopped at 10 mediums....he was quite willing to eat them but just wasnt sure if that many was good for him all at once.

i bought some large crickets today and gonna give them a go tonight but was just wanting some advice on quantities and how often.

Thanks.

the large crickets will be fine. you dont have to feed them every day they just dont need, frogs like alot of animals will stuff themselves regardless not knowing when the next meal will come. give a go at every secong day or a more sporadic feeding schedule otherwise your frog might get fat. Feeding about 4 large crickets every 2nd day or so is plenty.

cool....thanx for that...

so he was a pig eating ten last night....lol
ah well....he didnt eat for so long in his travels in the banana box from qld so he was probably making up for it...

Hi Kellie,

I am glad your white lipped rescue is going well.... I just had one die after a week.... I think he was pretty ill though.

You give me the courage to try again....

Cheers,

Kate (and Lump RIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back