glowing albinos?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The conversion of UV light into the glowing you see is due to the conversion of radiation into light of the visible spectrum by compounds known as phosphors. This is ofcourse the main technology involved in how your CRT television works, and why white clothes also glow.

Look it up if your interested, though, it is not actually the white t-shirt which contains the phosphors..

The chemically inclined will know that most man-made colours come from using metals known as 'transition' metals, in order to form wave-length changing effects in white light to cause colour. To varying degrees, they are all phosphors, and react to radiation of all kinds.. But hey, if your snakes glow, rock on..

very amusing and certainly insightful. now i have a clearer idea on what some of the more distinguished APS members get up to behind the scenes. trueblue you surprise me sonny! ABBA???? :lol:

OMG!! is all i can say to you guys (you know who you are) :lol:

sad thing is i wouldnt put it past ya either to do that

Re: RE: glowing albinos?

[quote="Glimmerman
You two crack me up.

Your herp room isn't called "Studio 54" by any chance :wink:[/quote]

I saw an albino burmese and a pied ball at Studio 54 (Vegas one) and they werent glowing. Charming young lady who was looking after them though....

RE: Re: RE: glowing albinos?

wow..that would be cool. *dreams*

RE: Re: RE: glowing albinos?

I had an albino for a short while and i tested out this theory and it was "BUSTED" i tryed different light's and no luck so in my opinion the theory is "BUSTED" lol

Re: RE: glowing albinos?

I saw an albino burmese and a pied ball at Studio 54 (Vegas one) and they werent glowing. Charming young lady who was looking after them though....

LOL I saw the honey with the albino burm in Vegas...........I don't think it was glowing, but I wasn't paying as much attention to it as I might have. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back