Goannas are a Man's Best Friend

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe there is a system for getting them like this. Bob Gleeson gets wild caught adult males that placid in days. I have three unrelated lacies and all are great.

I would really love to work with this guy. I want to know what he does he is amazing. Does his hypnotise them? :lol: I just can't get over it.

:oops: Pete knows me well - dumb blonde who needs every joke spelt out to understand it :oops: You're a funny bloke PJ. I am getting a spiny tail in a few weeks so I am going to be bias and say THEY are the best to start with. Billabong has a placid perentie. The guy there can cuddle him - he lays his head in his lap while he sits there picking old skin off him. I'd love a lacy one day. I have my Grade 2 license now so am not as restricted.

come over and cuddle my lacies anytime Pete muhahahahaha, I'll supply the bandages.
its certain;y grown since I saw it.

Thats amazing PJ 64,ive never seen a Lacie that placid b4,being able to get cuddles and kisses from such a awesome lizard.

Thanks for the pics P.J .I love my Lacies but I dont think I could or should try that with them :)

I would like to know what he secret is. We did our catch n release course with his 6ft brown snake. We didn't know at the time but it came in the ring with a 98% certainty of not biting. I was intimidated by its size, being longer than I was tall meant I had to grab him further up the body (in closer range of his mouth) but learn later on that we had a "tame" snake and most likely would not have bitten. He swung around a couple times when I went to grab him - scared the s*$t out of me and made me drop him but I still thought he was a beautiful big snake.

Sorry PJ, took the attention away from your lacies. If you think they are a great experience, let's see you handle Jamie's lacies :p

but of course that swings the argument back the other way doesn't it? Just because someone has a psycho lacy doesn't mean they should all be branded as psycho's.

I'm pretty sure Caesar has limited but some partial sight Kath. He swung around to often at the right moment even before he was touched.
Not all lacies may be psycho but sometimes its a good idea to suspect that they all could be.

We thought we had Boris, not Caesar, so we were just as surprised that this "blind" snake could strike at my hook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back