Going outside

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dellywatts

Reaction score
Just wondering whether anyone takes their snakes outside for a slither around?
I take Jake out every now and then, depending on the weather. He seems to really enjoy the grass and stretching himself out. I measured him today when he was out and he is about 1.5m now!

I was also just curious whether anyone has had any problems with birds when you take your snake outside. Has a bird taken one of your snakes? :shock:
I get really paranoid about. A couple of crows came and sat in a tree near by so I took him back inside. Would they go a snake that big do you think?

I made an enemy with a mynah bird taking snakes outside. :)
He would try to swoop them and i would scare him away.
Then later when i would come outside to go out he would swoop and hit me in the back of the head!
He done this about 4 times in a month and on the last go hit me in the head with his beak and claws and it bleed a fair bit! :)
Lets just say after that he's not around anymore.

i take mine out the front all the time depending on the weather and if i am lucky they take a crap saves cleaning the enclosures

Hahaha that reminds me, my gundog labrador pippa was trying to be tough and barking at a dog across the road and then when she was marching back proudly as if she was a saint a magpie came and clipped on the bum with its wing lol she was so scared hahahaha.

Your off topic annoyance,
Crush

You know it makes sense.:) Other way round with a couple of mine. need to protect birds from my worms.;)

Ha ha.
I took a yearling out the other week and she was sizing up a pigeon!! Not a chance of swallowing it but it didn't look like that was going to stop her :)

I sometimes leave my Bredli sitting on my pool fence for hours checking on them every now and then. When i let them crawl around on the ground though is a different story i watch them like a hawk. About birds i get the odd interested mynah tryin to get a closer look but i shoo them away quickly before they get a chance to do anything :)

Cheers,
Matt

Yeh i take my yearling jungle out on the grass a cple of times a week ea i think he likes to soak up the rays

yeh i take almost all my snakes out mostly while i clean there enclosures and are letting them air, they love it, although the new neighbours didnt like the sight of my big coatal that takes rabbits bigger than their little yap yap dogs!

i sometimes do but no often. The reason is that even though my snakes are 1.5/ 1.5 and 1.2 (diffrent snakes) i am too scared that a kookaburra would swoop and eat them! it wouldnt be great if i lose such a nice snake to a kookaburra... just be careful if you live in an area with those birds around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back