Gone Herpin'

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrBredli

Went for a drive last night, conditions weren't ideal but I still found a couple of nice critters.

Attachments

• Bandy Bandy 2 25-11-06.jpg
    Bandy Bandy 2 25-11-06.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Thick-tailed Gecko 1 25-11-06.jpg
    Thick-tailed Gecko 1 25-11-06.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Thick-tailed Gecko 2 25-11-06.jpg
    Thick-tailed Gecko 2 25-11-06.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Thick-tailed Gecko 3 25-11-06.jpg
    Thick-tailed Gecko 3 25-11-06.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 55
  • Lesueur's Velvet Gecko 1 25-11-06.jpg
    Lesueur's Velvet Gecko 1 25-11-06.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 79
Nice Bandy Bandy. I saw one around the same size the other night where i live. North Gold Coast.

You went for a drive in the dark specifically looking for reptiles? I'm very suprised you managed to find some anywhere near Sydney.... Must be my urbanised living..
Good stuff!

are u for real..????

its a bandy bandy.

i thort when u said that u were joking.. but i looked down all the comments and others called it that too.. wow.. i have never heard of them b4.. or seem them for that matter.. are they a native to nsw or something???

Wow, lucky, always wanted to spot a bandy bandy!

Not too shabby a night, Bandy's are my favorite snakes by far, pity about their diet. They have a great looking defence strategy, they form loops with their bodies, maybe to show off their bold colours in some sort of warning.

Last edited:
I've always wondered

Not too shabby a night, Bandy's are my favorite snakes by far, pity about their diet. They have a great looking defence strategy, they form loops with their bodies, maybe to show off their bold colours in some sort of warning.

I've seen a couple out Alice Springs way. I've always wondered where they would find a plentiful supply of blind snakes to eat. Do you know if they eat anything other than blind snakes?

I've heard of them eating large skinks in captivity, a Blue-tongue i believe it was. They don't feed very often at all, according to research i've read. Apparently 3-4 feeds a year is plenty (if memory serves me correctly).

any1 wana go herping in my house.... looking for a petite model snake named yasmin hehe shes missing still... somebody tell her that the hide an seek game... yea its over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back