good dlsr camera (first dlsr)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A mate of mine at work recently bought the Nikon D3100, had a bit of a play around with it was pretty impressed for an entry level camera. There is also the new D5100 which replaces the previously mentioned D5000.... I was looking at buying one for my missus so she would stop using mine. I've been using the D7000 for a couple of months ago and can't rate it highly enough, it's my first full DSLR and I haven't found it too hard to use.

As for the different modes, if you aren't confident in which setting to select then flick it Auto or P mode or i mode (which ever camera brand you use) to get the shot. And later on practice the more manual modes in your own time. I went to a Ken Duncan workshop last month and some one asked him about not using P mode..... his response was if you aren't sure on the settings for the task then flick it over to P mode so you don't miss the shot. You can look as smart as you like in Manual mode, but what the point if your shots look like ****?

When I started out with my DSLR I use to sit at home during the night watching what ever crap was on TV and flick between the different modes, turn some dials etc etc. Now I've got no problem with what setting I need for the shot, but there no fear in using the P mode if you need too.

Do all cannon lenses fit each other ? I have bit the bullet and im paying of a EOS 600D with twin lens kit , if i was to get a cheaper 400d with a good macro lens , will the lens fit on the 600D when i get it ?

cheers Nico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back