Good enclosre builder in sydney

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the enclosure I got today from Manning Valley Reptiles.
Very good quality and great value for money. Will be getting any further enclosures I get from him :)

549808_10150700333868419_535988418_9171250_1136516168_n.jpg

View attachment 247125
I just got this 3 foot enclosure made by MS Aquariums in Liverpool, made a few changes to have it the way I wanted it with no problems at all. Cost me $420 and then they took it all apart for me and packed it into 2 boxes so I could bring it back on the plane to Perth for $40 of excess baggage. Took them all of 4 days to make it too :)
Now I'm picking what stain I want and getting some pond sealer for the base, then deciding on what heating I want and getting all of that before I head home with it and a friend who does carpentary work will put it all together for me and add the lights and stuff that I want.
Am extremely happy with it and the guys were excellent to deal with!

Hi guys,
Im thinking of getting a snake but was just wondering anybody in the sydney aera can build full setup wood cages
with lights and heatpad and thermostat and stuff.
Thanks

Hi Mate, I'm a bit surprised you haven't had anyone give you a proper answer yet. If your thinking about getting a snake then you should think about this. If your going python, and getting a hatchling (recommended), then all you need for its first 12-18 months is a tub on a heat cord/mat. For the next 12-18 mths all you need is a small enclosure 600 x 600 x 600. After this or when it finally outgrows the small enclosure then go for the big adult sized enclosure. You can go straight from a tub to an adult cage, but either way its a small outlay and buys you a heap of time. I have set many people up with tubs and the electrics, and then re-use the same electrics in the bigger cages as you go. Its cost effective, and you don't get sucked into buying a big useless cage for a motza for a snake that 1 ft long.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back