good on ya steve

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

insectovor

Reaction score
The media has gone berserk!!!!
They are all going on about this croc feeding session with his kid.
To be quite honest I think ...good on ya steve... The man loves his kid and to me there was no danger in what he did. But the media has blown it up big time. A bit sad if you ask me..but I guess there is nothing else to write about.....oh yeah the 15000 meter snake that eats 20 dogs a week..lol

To be quite honest I think ...good on ya steve... The man loves his kid and to me there was no danger in what he did. But the media has blown it up big time. A bit sad if you ask me..but I guess there is nothing else to write about.....oh yeah the 15000 meter snake that eats 20 dogs a week..lol

Couldnt agree more Inesectovor...:)

[sarcasm] Muhamad Ali could of had a punch up in a pub while holding he's daughter under he's arm and it would be ok also hey!
After all he was an experienced fighter and heavy weight champion of the world in he's day so there is no way he's kid would of been in any danger... [/sarcasm]

So, you people who don't have a problem with what he did, would you let him take your 4 week old baby into that same enclosure with him? Do you feel safe enough to let him hold your child in his arms while he feeds a Croc? Think about it folks, the man has done something incredibly stupid and unprofessional.

Well, being 13 I dont know about it...But sure, I'd let him take one of my pets in there...And there would be more risk in that.

Ive judt seen the footage on an American news network site and holy crap thats stupid!!! THe croc is a few metres away as hes bouncing his son on the ground. If the croc made a move Steve would basically have q of 3 responses.
1. Not react in time and his son gets snapped, an instant death practically considering the crocs size.
2. He reacts, leans down to get his son and theres a chnace they could both be attacked.
3. He yanks his son up snapping something in the process.

There is just no need for that! "Hes a month old now and its about time he feeds his first croc". Hes ONE MONTH OLD!!!! How the hell is he going to how what hes doing. If anything he could be scared off by such a large animal. When I was about 1 or 2 yrs old I got scared by a large vicious lloking dog and I was scared s"#$less of dogs for years. Here were talking about a 4 metre croc!!!
Personally Im usually indifferent about him and his ways (except when he almost kills something trying to "help it") but I really hope he gets everything thats coming to him.

Cheers, Jay

when hasnt the media been crazy ??
watch bowling for collimbine by michael moore!! 8)

Belle~Belinda said:
Well, being 13 I dont know about it...But sure, I'd let him take one of my pets in there...And there would be more risk in that.

A lot of said pets would likely have the normal responses to a large predator. A baby (human) is defenseless and in my opinion does not posess the full capabilities of what defines us as humans (the ability to analyse and understand our surroundings beyond the most basic of principles). If he dropped an animal then the animal would likely escape as a normal response. His son however would sit there oblivious to the dangers a croc poses!!

Jay

If he dropped an animal then the animal would likely escape

And the Croc would chase it...Just like in the wild :)

Farkurnell I would let him take my kid.
If it was anything like me and something did go wrong the world would be thankful.

I myself would get over it due to the compensation involved after sueing the Irwins,the zoo,the PR team,the media filming it,NPWS,as well as the mental stress and damages caused :p

Lol! 10 million dollars compensation :D....On second thought...He can have my little brother...

Belle~Belinda said:
If he dropped an animal then the animal would likely escape

And the Croc would chase it...Just like in the wild :)

Sorry. My point was that the animal would REACT to the crocs presence and ATTEMPT to escape. THe baby would sit there and be lunch!

Oohh....Surely steve would'a snapped him up before hand?

Ow well we can never know unless someone builds a time machine (any takers? :D ). ANyways I hope he still gets whats coming to him. Muhahahahaha

The guy's an a$$. I lose more and more respect for the guy every time I see, or hear about him. The last time I saw his show he was going on about breeding retics like he's the first guy to ever do it. And he got a pathetic clutch out of a large female. For a supposed expert he sure does some stupid things (like feeding a croc with a month old baby in your arms). I don't even let my cats or dog in my snake room and all the snakes are in cages. If I were a parent I couldn't imagine letting my 1month old around one of my burms, or even a boa.

Look kids it's Mr. Irwin and he has the word of the day. Can you say arrogant boys and girls? That's right, I knew you could.

The guy's an a$$. I lose more and more respect for the guy every time I see, or hear about him. The last time I saw his show he was going on about breeding retics like he's the first guy to ever do it. And he got a pathetic clutch out of a large female. For a supposed expert he sure does some stupid things (like feeding a croc with a month old baby in your arms). I don't even let my cats or dog in my snake room and all the snakes are in cages. If I were a parent I couldn't imagine letting my 1month old around one of my burms, or even a boa.

I rest my case

Huh?

did you know that babies can not focus their sight until about 2.5 months

Exactly...So really he wouldnt of been scared if he couldnt see what was infront of him :D

The baby wouldnt be scared full stop, might be asphyxiated by crickeys adrenalin boosted B.O though! :p

I think ppl are taking this Steve thing very lightly.

Look at what happened when Wacko Jacko dangled his kid from a balcony, the public were down on him like a tonne of bricks. Just because Steve isn't a know weirdo like Jackson, doesn't make what he did any less stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back