Got my first snake today, so happy now.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan40D

Reaction score
Woohoo, finally got my first snake :D
This morning i drove down to Snake Ranch in the pouring rain and picked up my little Wheatbelt Stimmie, 5 months old and stunningly beautiful. He's blue at the moment so no photos, but seems to have settled into his hide well and we are just going to leave him for a few days now. Hes bigger than i thought he would be for only 5 months old, but going by his feeding records its easy to see why hes a little porker.

I have one quick question though his last 3 feeds have gone as follows and he is coming up to slough now, should i put him onto hopper mice or weaner mice??

11/04/11 fed 1 hopper mouse
18/04/11 fed 1 weaner mouse
25/04/11 fed 2 hopper mice

Really happy with my choice, hoping its the start of a long healthy relationship :D

Hey Dan congrats on your first snake! It will no doubt be the first of many (welcome to the addiction!!!!)

Wheatbelts are beautiful - good choice!

As for feeding I'd go 1 weaner mouse.

Ohhhh you lucky fellow, it is sooo exciting hearing when people get their first snake :) lizard etc.... it'll be good to see some pictures
congratulations
Crystal

i pick up my gammons ranges stimmie in a few week! SQUEEEEEE i havent sat still since the call this morning

Very exciting, jst want to get him out and play with him.

just remembered that i do have the photo from snake ranch, not sure how old he was in this pic.

snake.jpg

Nice Stimmie :)

I remember the excitement of my first snake, hasn't changed as I got another and another lol.

I'm picking up a SA Woma on Thursday :)

As for feeding, I'd continue with the Weaner as well.

Congratulations, I have 5 and only just got 3 of them. Thought I knew exactly what I wanted next season and what I was going to stop at but I keep seeing other things and now the list of snakes has doubled and the list of lizards has grown out of control.

Nice choice for a first snake.
My first was also a Wheatbelt Stimson from Snake Ranch, and he's the loveliest most placid animal I've come across.

Nothing brings back that fantastic excitement we all felt when we were kids like the anticipation of the arrival of a new snake.....esp if you have to go and pick it up at the airport

and if you have to wait a few days. The anticipation is killing me lol.

Congrats mate! I've been keeping an eye out for this thread, great that youve now brought him home, I'm looking at doing something similar to your heat cord set up for a Woma hatchy I picked up today. We got our first python 6 months ago... Bug bit and I couldnt resist a Woma, So as they say it is an addictive hobby ;)

addictive is an understatement.and so far i don't know of any rehab centres for a problem like this...hahahahahaha.he is a little ripper,pretty as all that plus a bag of tater chips.

There got some good prices on there snakes at the moment.
Ive been calling them,left messages,sent emails and cant get in
touch with them.
I was going to get a pair of south oz womas from them,
i wouldnt be suprised if there all sold now at $150.
oh well.
Got a great pair of diamonds though from cement on this forum
tody.
Would highly recomend him.

There got some good prices on there snakes at the moment.
Ive been calling them,left messages,sent emails and cant get in
touch with them.
I was going to get a pair of south oz womas from them,
i wouldnt be suprised if there all sold now at $150.
oh well.
Got a great pair of diamonds though from cement on this forum
tody.
Would highly recomend him.
They had lovely jungles for $50, I was pondering it and when I logged in tonight they were all gone.

lol, they were labeled as "butt ugly"

I'm picking up a SA on thursday from there :)

lol, they were labeled as "butt ugly"

I'm picking up a SA on thursday from there :)

I saw the label "butt ugly" and thought how dare they.... so started to haul a tank out of storage then they were all gone.... I wasn't quick enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back