Gravid Diamond not laid yet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

david63

Reaction score
Hi All

My Diamond has gone 30 days past her pre-lay shed without laying yet - time to be concerned yet?

Cheers
David

We're sorta in the same boat david, we think our Diamond is gravid, and if the last shed she had was a prelay one then it's 26 days today. I was told it's 4 weeks though so yours is only 2 days late so far if that's correct? Ours is roaming around her cage a lot though the last few days which is strange for her lately so maybe that's a good sign. Is she spending time in her laying box at all?

Hi OuZo

She's only investigated the nest box a couple of times, she still prefers her hide box & got a bit anxious looking for it when I removed it & tried to force her into using the nest box - so I put it back. She has also been roaming her enclosure quite a bit over the last day or to so it might be a good sign as you say.

Tyring to avoid a trip to the vet & the associated stress so near laying, it's our first attempt at snake breeding so I'm feeling a little anxoius!!!!!

Cheers
David

Lol same here david, only bred our first lizards this season and hopefully now the first snakes! Our girl doesn't seem to have any interest in her laying box apart from sitting on top of it :?...she prefers her normal hides too. I'm not sure when a trip to the vet would be due...maybe someone else can help out with that? How overdue can they become before you have to start worrying about them getting egg bound? We're not even 100% sure our girl is gravid anyway so I'm not stressing too much...just hoping :D. Are you positive she's gravid?

Pretty sure as she is showing all the signs -
- Noted etensive mating when the male was introduced

- she's spending all day under her heat lamp & turning belly-up to it

- the normally constant hunt for food stopped at the time I think she ovulated approx 3 weeks before her last shed.

- She's gradually been getting bigger towrads the last 2/3 of her body bespite not feeding.

- She's otherwise OK & not showing signs of being in discomfort & appears in good condition.

One of my darwins laid 40 days after prelay this year and have heard of quite a few going 35 days so just be patient.
Stevo

Hehe just read the title again and my mind went back in the gutter where it belongs :twisted: :lol: :oops:

David, how long it takes before they lay after a pre-lay shed can sometimes depend on the temps they're kept at, and also if they're indoors or outdoors. Diamonds can go 35 days before egglaying so get ready and check her regularly every day this week. Take out her water bowl too, incase she lays the eggs in it, instead of her box.

I've gotta say that this site is a great source of info with everybody passing on their knowledge it's great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back