gravid?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

byron_moses

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys a have a young adult pair of northern spiny tail gecko's was just wondering the female has put on a little weight and has just shed could she be gravid and is there anyway of telling if she is or not

try talking to Lynfrog on here (she lives at richmond hill) she has been breeding them for a while, she could probably tell you :)

thanks kel have already sent her a text

here are a few pics u can see down the lower half of her body she looks fairly swollen

Attachments

• gravid gecko 005.jpg
    gravid gecko 005.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 65
  • gravid gecko 003.jpg
    gravid gecko 003.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 58
  • gravid gecko 002.JPG
    gravid gecko 002.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 81
compared to my younger ones, she definately looks much bigger in the belly (and different to if mine have had a big feed)... i would say that she is (in my in-experienced opinion) GOODLUCK !

compared to my younger ones, she definately looks much bigger in the belly (and different to if mine have had a big feed)... i would say that she is (in my in-experienced opinion) GOODLUCK !
thanks mate my in-experienced opinion i thought the same thing

i have 6 of these s. ciliarus 4 of which are females , one of those laid two eggs for me on Sunday morning, they dont have the obvious huge bulge that a thicktail does, as their eggs are quite small but if you look you can see they look quite round around their lower middle. I think i have one more gravid and she looks very similar to your female. They will shed just before they lay.Mine shed that morning only maybe an hour or so before she laid.

If she is is gravid its still in the early stages, although its hard to tell in those pics, try taking a pic from directly above

ok mate what makes u say that? im not having a go just this has caught me out as i only just got them

ok mate what makes u say that? im not having a go just this has caught me out as i only just got them
What makes me say she is only in the early stages?, cos she doesnt look that big compared to mine in the last week before they lay (it only take 3 weeks for them to develop before laying)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back