Green Tree enclosure set up :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teganjayde09

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to this page so I apprechiate any help :)

I'm in the process of getting a GTP. I've been reading up on 'the more complete chondro' and reading a lot online also.

Im not after why I should or shouldn't get a Greenie.

I am just wondering what other GTP owners have that they think are a must have, any tips, any decent misters out there? (This is only for when I go away for work for a week or so a couple times a year, the rest of the time I'll be misting myself)

Or just anything else I should know?

Thanks guys!

How old is the specimen that you're getting?
Sphagnum moss (moistened of course) is a must have for neonates and juveniles imo.
Adequate hydration is critical and good ventilation is essential. Getting these right combined with maintaining the right temps are the most important aspects of their care imo.

Last edited:
The one Im looking at is about 11months.

i just wanna get a decent set up before I purchase one so I know it's good to go.

Where do you get the moss from? I have heard of a few people talking about this.

Whats a good substrate that won't bring mites parasites etc into the enclosure but will hold humidity but is also able to do out easily?

That's a good age to get GTP at, as they're usually well-established by that age.

You can buy sphagnum moss from most garden centres and hardware stores that have a gardening section. It makes a good substrate, especially for juveniles and yearlings.

So do you cover the whole flooring with moss or use it in patches with another substrate?

Thanks again for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back