Greetings from Brisbane

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterTaylor

Reaction score
Hi folks

I trained as an ecologist in the UK, taught in schools, had a job as an acting natural history curator in a museum and wardened a small nature reserve - but things are very different here and I've a lot to learn. So I've changed direction and have a calligraphy business and write books - www.writing-for-children.com and www.ptcalligraphy.com - but retain a strong interest in all natural history, including snakes.

My latest story is for 4-5 year olds and features a brolga, a crocodile and a whole list of Aussie creatures. The story is not meant to be totally technically factually correct or biologically possible, but I'm also offering an interested publisher some real true facts about the animals used as characters, which they can add as an appendix if they wish. I'll be eternally grateful if anyone can tell me if there really are any snakes with spots that could be found on mangrove tree branches in those areas where brolgas frequent.

I look forward to contributing when I can.

All best wishes

Peter

You occasionally get Brown Tree Snakes Boiga irregularis with flecking in arboreal Mangrove habitats.

Cheers,
Scott Eipper

Thanks so much, Scott and Crystal.

Take care and have fun

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back