Growing Like Weeds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The toonie has a picture of two polar bears on it.

Loons are pretty kewell birds. They are a bit like a cross between a giant duck but with a crow like beak. They are beautifully marked and have an amazing song. I had one swim under a canoe I was in. They are as agile under the water as in the air.

Mark said:
Son_of_Ash said:
Our dollar coin has a loon on it so we so very affectionately refer to it as the "loonie". When the 2 dollar coin was introduced it became equally affectionately knows as the "toonie". Rediculous name for money I know.

and I'm an Aussie and knew this, where have you all been....I thought it was only Yanks who know that outside the boarders of the USA there is just emptiness, just ask Mr W'ya

Yes I agree totally :(

playwell said:
Thats teasing us Australians, we can't have those snakes. :cry:
We can only have Australain snakes and even then we are so limited it's rediculous.
:x We have more rules than snakes.. :x
ARHH!!!!!!!! I want exotic snakes!!!!!!! Tooo!!!! :lol:

(and yes I do understand why we have all those rules)

Very Nice Kev
What sort of temperement do they have ? And what do you pay for them over there ?

They're pretty good. They have a nasty reputation, but like most snakes, I'm learning reputations aren't really the truth. The male is a bit flighty, but neither have made any attempts to bite, nor have shown any aggression. I'm quite taken with these guys.

I think if I recall correctly, I paid $500 for the pair. I picked up a few other snakes that day too, so I'm not exactly sure.

Nice looking snakes, the pattern is awesome. What do you feed these guys?

:D How big are those guys aye..? Do you need a License for them In Canada?

Right now they're just under a foot. I don't need a license to keep anything here in Canada. I'm just not allowed to keep any species native to British Columbia as all snakes in this province are endangered.

I used to breed my own rats but it just got to be too much of a pain in the a$$. It ultimately cost more for me to breed my own rats than it is to buy them. Honestly I don't know what I pay per rat/rabbit/chicken/mouse. I just get a big sack full and I pay about $1.25/lbs. I will however need to find a steady source of pigs soon for all the Retics and Afrocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back