Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smuggling in Frill Necks? a $250 native lizard - he must be a smart one.

Here ya go. read some more about it here.

www.customs.gov.au

check out the media room.

P.S. Only zoos get the option of keeping these animals if seized by Customs and Environment Australia.

Some people are just complete $hithead$ :x

Poor little critters, this is not even there home!

He may of gotten caught but the other hundreds of people didn't.

I recently was trying to buy an Adult Male Diamond. I spoke to many people, & I had been offered exotics many times.

They are here, and in great numbers.

I got my Diamond in the end but it would have been easier to get an exotic.

I am only stating a fact, not supporting nor condeming.

I feel sorry for the way they are packed. Cruel :(

Possum, I don't think the animals care much where their home is to be honest :)
He didn't do much research before embarking on his smuggling spree, Frillies were a bit of a mistake. Green Iguanas are very common but those GTP's are just beautiful.

I agree BOA it is just no thought was put into it and these poor little critters have shoved into cramped containers and brought to a climate they may not like. But yes they are beautiful and I have also been offered some exotics but declined.

When an animal is in a heated cage it wouldn't really care what the climate outside is like :)

possum said:
I agree BOA it is just no thought was put into it and these poor little critters have shoved into cramped containers and brought to a climate they may not like. But yes they are beautiful and I have also been offered some exotics but declined.
did you report the people ? i would have also what types of exotics were they ?

Why report them?
So some poor bugger is going to get a massive fine so the government just once again makes more money out of their redundant laws.

This government only thinks of making money from breaking its "laws", instead of preventing or more realistically introducing a legal system for controlling/monitoring what is already here.
Meanwhile you still would not have helped prevent the smuggling trade trade at all by dobbing in someone small time.

The main ones I have been offered are red tailed boas and veiled chameleons. Other people have said " I can get you almost anything you want".
I have just left it at that.

Anyone who has a licence would be a fool to risk there collection by harbouring the exotics.

But if you dont have a licence, it is not likley you will get a knock on your door.

re GTP

Probably the GTPS will go to quarantine and then after they have cleared into that great ones collection to provide new blood lines,do you know who it is boys and girls 8) :lol:

re GTP

oldfella said:
Probably the GTPS will go to quarantine and then after they have cleared into that great ones collection to provide new blood lines,do you know who it is boys and girls 8) :lol:

Nope, not the Gosford lineage??? :roll:

re GTP

Crikey,olive its not gosford that in NSW, NO EXPORT,local pickup onley!! :lol:

I dont know who you mean Oldfella. Who would have quarantine facilities in QLD, Nope, cant think.
Oh! hang on, you dont mean, no way. He wouldn't want to gain from illegal importation. Best to euthanaise them. Besides, might be seen some sort of conflict of interest there. :roll:

Frillies back into their own country rofl!. He sure didnt do his research. You can tell he was only after 1 thing and lots of it $$$$$. I was wondering with those gtp's, they wouldnt be aloud to breed here in australia under zoo's, would they? What if they were of Papua new guinea locality? Does it matter?.

Yeah... I must admit I've heard alot about exotics in recent times. I've heard of a man recently smuggling in successfully' a pair of slider turtles in his shoes. 1 died, 1 survived, so i hear from a friend :S. Apparently he even took it it to deakin university for show and tell to his class. lol! Thats ambitious!. Anyway I heard that from a close friend (who goes to deakin),but who knows, theirs alot of gossip going round'.
Anyone heard of this story?

reptilia - theres no need to smuggle sliders in, as there already here in masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back