Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle_Freak
Well after holding the GTP market to ransome with $9,800 GTP hatchlings only
a few years ago,
Tim gets no browny points from me ,

Well said.:)

I thought it was Pales for Scale that had the $9800 price tag????

Supply And Demand

Hey guys perhaps the price drop has got something to do with the law of supply and demand????:D:D

Anyway had a chance to have a look at some of these yellow worms for sale at URS yesterday(christmas gathering) and they all have belly full so they must be feeding well already;)

Here's a few pics a took of their newly built premises(Perhaps just a quarter of it) and a couple of Hot womas:)

Attachments

• TIMO URS f.jpg
    TIMO URS f.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 67
  • TIMO URS wh.jpg
    TIMO URS wh.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 91
  • TIMO URS tm.jpg
    TIMO URS tm.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 102
  • TIMO URS rack.jpg
    TIMO URS rack.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 118
  • TIMO URS tanks.jpg
    TIMO URS tanks.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 119
Hey guys perhaps the price drop has got something to do with the law of supply and demand????:D:D

Yes you are correct, with the down turn in the economy and not enough new people getting into reptiles the only way is down in pricing. The demand for all reptiles is not what it us to be and with plenty to supply I can assure you there will be some bargains to be had in all species this coming season.

Regards Tim

when i got my first snake adn I started getting more knowledge, I said to myself one day, "i would love to have a GTP but they're too expensive". looks like now I and others can actually afford them now...

Yes you are correct, with the down turn in the economy and not enough new people getting into reptiles the only way is down in pricing. The demand for all reptiles is not what it us to be and with plenty to supply I can assure you there will be some bargains to be had in all species this coming season.

Regards Tim

And the ever increasing power rates :(

I'm not sure I totally agree with that Tim, as I understand it the rate of newcomers into the hobby is quite large, especially in some States. I think a few factors have influenced the sudden drop in the price of Greens, first and foremost is that large numbers are being bred AND at the same time by all accounts a very large number have been making their way into the country (I'm not talking dozens either). Combined with a restricted market by virtue of license restrictions and their high price before this season we see a bit of a bottleneck where supply is outstripping demand. With the more sensible prices now being asked we will see many many people buying them.

Regards Tim

I'm not sure I totally agree with that Tim, as I understand it the rate of newcomers into the hobby is quite large, especially in some States. I think a few factors have influenced the sudden drop in the price of Greens, first and foremost is that large numbers are being bred AND at the same time by all accounts a very large number have been making their way into the country (I'm not talking dozens either). Combined with a restricted market by virtue of license restrictions and their high price before this season we see a bit of a bottleneck where supply is outstripping demand. With the more sensible prices now being asked we will see many many people buying them.

Could not agree more !!!
The demand for the " standard " Diamond, jungle, bredli.stimmie etc is more than ever I feel.
Newbie's on class 1 licence are chasing the above all the time.
Here in NSW, the new licence no's hand out are mind blowing.
You keep your prices fair and reasonable and they will sell.
Cheers,
Aleks.

I think it is great. With huge prices there is always the risk of undesirables poaching them. Now with a price drop, they will become more available and lessen the chances of them being poaced.

Coodos to you URS, well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back