Halogen Downlights??????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks moosenoose. stockeh, what about the timer and thermostat?
that is how would you go plugging one into the other into the other etc? what order? to much load ?

i think you would have to wire it in between the thermo and the lights, because you wouldnt want to drop the power to the thermostat... as for the time it should be at the start of the circuit and when it activates it will either supply the rest with power... or cut all of the power

does that make sense

matt

um, 1 timer plugs into powerbaord
2. thermostat into timer
3 dimmer into thermostat
4 light into dimmer................is that right? unless you just used the dimmer on separate circuit for the photoperiod lighting eg flouro, set to start earlier than day time heating light?

hey thanks, that looks easy enough, howd you draw the diagram so quick? lol bunnings might have them?

should have a comp for the "ultimate" indoor setup too. totally wired/timed/thingamajigged for automatic lighting/heating/seasonal change etc. all "set and forget" nothing required but cleaning/feeding. probly cost a fortune though and look like jules verns time machine. lol

i have just started to use a new thermostat that does a whole heap of stuff for me... it is fully programable for day and night temps and also has a 7day program in it incase you go away.... id does it all for you its great.

plus its all digital with a temp display.... its the bees knees

stockeh said:
i am pretty sure you can also get a small dimmer that you can actually plug the appliance into so that no wiring is required..

Dimmer plugs to the wall, lights plug to the dimmer all done... i saw them at tandy a little while back they were only about 20-30 dollars i think

Ahh, Tandy :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe even Smiths Dick? :lol: :lol:

about $180 but im not using anything else from now on the temp varience is like .2 of a degree... so slowly i will change all of mine over to these guys

wow thats dear! might be well worth it in the long run though.

thats the way i am looking at it... and i think it is the best my the kids anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back