Handbag Search

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All store have the right to do bag searches. They aren't allowed to physicaly touch the bag or anything in it, they have to ask the person carrying it to move everything around so they can see in. If people have nothing to hide then there shouldn't be a problem with it.

All store have the right to do bag searches. They aren't allowed to physicaly touch the bag or anything in it, they have to ask the person carrying it to move everything around so they can see in. If people have nothing to hide then there shouldn't be a problem with it.
I went last night and said "nothing in there - have a feel:D:D:D!!!' he declined and i walked straight through!!!!!

Wear some religious garments and smuggle the food under that....

Lol... If you have a young child, just take it in a Nappy bag... They get very nervous about exactly WHAT might be in there (especially if you've just asked them 10 minutes before where you can change the baby's nappy!!!!). Lmao.

Last edited:
In these times of rental DVD's it's hard going for 'em . There are just too many small
children and midgets being smuggled into our cinemas.

"Can I check your bags sir"
Sure... Would you like me to cough doc?

I don't think food & drinks is their main concern.
It is more than likely to do with the idiots taking in video cameras recording the movie then burning copies for all their mates at $5 a pop. Or worse yet, uploading it onto the web for all to share..

Sinners! Ive watched that propoganda at the start of vidoes making all downloaders sinners too! Evil people.

when I go to a cinima I just buy a pac of lollies at woollies and have them in my hand when i buy my ticket and have them in plain sight all the time, I think it's to stop recording

When I bring food in, I just smuggle it in the bottom of my bag. They cant touch your stuff, so they don't know its there :)

Sinners! Ive watched that propoganda at the start of vidoes making all downloaders sinners too! Evil people.

Have you or any1 else noticed the amount of video shops closing down lately?
We decided to rent some DVD's last night, so we drove to the store to find our local shop has been closed down, so off around the corner to another but that too has closed down. So we drove to another suburb to find another shop has closed down then on a 4th journey that shop has also closed down. We ended up finding a 5th shop still open and had to join up as new members. I rang a friend that night and we got talking and 3 video shops in his area has also closed down. These were video ezy's, block busters & a
little private store.

*** is going on?
Obviously the video piracy over the internet is having a major effect.

This is a list of what we discovered in just 1 trip to a video shop lol.
The following stores are no longer open.
Video Ezy Blacktown
Block Buster Blacktown
Video Ezy Kings Park
Video Ezy lalor Park

And a mate told me about these 3 that night.
Video Ezy St Marys
Block Buster St Marys
Some private store St Marys

Last edited:
All store owerns staff or security have the right ask to search your bag, if you do not let them they can ban you from the store or detain you until the police arrive *who also only have the right to ask unless they obtain a warrant* if you have nothing to hide then it is just easy enough to open the bag and let them have a quick look, the fact you offer up the bag freely is normally enough for the 'searchee' to glance and on your way.
A ban and return to the store could be a charge of tresspass, remember these people are just doing their job not being nosey.
The Cinema would be looking for food etc so you haev to b uy the stuff from the shop .. i hate the cinema ... the one in Port Macquarie does the same... I think smuggle it in, refuse to let them look, they are less likely to ban you or have th full time staff to enforce it, i am not letting some snot nosed little fifteen year old turd telling me what to do... i will wait for video.... screw you guys i am going home....

Have you or any1 else noticed the amount of video shops closing down lately?
We decided to rent some DVD's last night, so we drove to the store to find our local shop has been closed down, so off around the corner to another but that too has closed down. So we drove to another suburb to find another shop has closed down then on a 4th journey that shop has also closed down. We ended up finding a 5th shop still open and had to join up as new members. I rang a friend that night and we got talking and 3 video shops in his area has also closed down. These were video ezy's, block busters & a
little private store.

*** is going on?
Obviously the video piracy over the internet is having a major effect.

I must admit I don't rent DVDS like I used to. I still go to the cinema a lot (with carefully hidden stuff at the bottom of my bag from now on:D), but I tend to buy a lot of DVDs. Once they hit the chuck out rack at the front of Target or Sanity - you can pick them up for a couple of $. WOW also has really cheap DVDs.... then we just watch movies from the collection we are building.

Our local cinema has started the policy of searching all bags, including handbags, as you enter the cinema. I know shops and stores are not allowed to look in handbags as you leave, so I'm wondering if the cinema actually has the right to do this. The idea behind it of course is to stop you smuggling food in and forcing you to buy their overpriced stuff at the snack bar.

Has anyone experienced this elsewhere. It really p * * es me off :evil::evil::evil:. I've never actually tried smuggling food in, but that's not the point. I don't think they should have the right to look into my handbag!

use to happen all the time when we were in school years ago couldnt get hj's and take it in and they would ask to check ur school bags or handbags coz they knew we'd all have burgers in there lol
its rediculous and if i were the person looking in someones bag id feel like an absolute idiot!

on top of that u can say no u cant unless security or a police officer is present at the time lol wonder what a person standing at the movies would think of that?

All store owerns staff or security have the right ask to search your bag, if you do not let them they can ban you from the store or detain you until the police arrive *who also only have the right to ask unless they obtain a warrant* if you have nothing to hide then it is just easy enough to open the bag and let them have a quick look, the fact you offer up the bag freely is normally enough for the 'searchee' to glance and on your way.
A ban and return to the store could be a charge of tresspass, remember these people are just doing their job not being nosey.
The Cinema would be looking for food etc so you haev to b uy the stuff from the shop .. i hate the cinema ... the one in Port Macquarie does the same... I think smuggle it in, refuse to let them look, they are less likely to ban you or have th full time staff to enforce it, i am not letting some snot nosed little fifteen year old turd telling me what to do... i will wait for video.... screw you guys i am going home....

Ummm your wrong. Where did you get that info?
Most stores have lost their rights to check peoples bags, and you most definately can not "detain" a customer untill the police arrive.
I wont say which store, but at mine we are not allowed to ask to check bags, if they want to show us thats fine but we cannot ask. Its a crappy rule, but thats how it is.

really, things have changed since i worked security, and most stores i know of still check bags.

I just go to the drive- in you can fill your car with what ever you want.
when i was working retail 14yrs ago the rule was anything over A4 size handbag or not. If the customer refused manager would get the police to check. So not many people refused.

well i was a security guard for 3 years at a shopping center and all they can do is ask and it can be a condition of entry they dont have the right to search you bag all they can do is ask permision to search your bag and even then they cannot touch anything in your bag you have to show them and they HAVE to have signs up saying "as condition of entry cinema patrons are required to allow staff to inspect bags" or somthing to the same effect around the ticket boothe so that you can make the decicion before you buy your ticket. in this country the only people who can search your bag without permission are police no exceptions. just look up the legal code on google. i think its code 385A of the australian leagal system

Twin Rivers- It used to be that way, we had signs up saying please show your bags etc. Was not that long ago they brought in the new rule. We cannot ask to check, if we do ask they can refuse and walk out of the store, even with a bag full of stolen goodies!

We have a guy that comes into our store, almost daily and he steals alot of things. We know he steals, but we can never catch him in the act or on camera, he always seems to dodge it... even though we know when he leaves he has things in his bag we still cannot check. Unless the security alert goes off- which never does because he opens all packets and dumps- we cant do a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back